Wilkinson Bridges - Where are they made?

LushTone

Not to be that guy that's obsessed with where gear is made, but does anyone have information on the quality of Wilkinson bridges? I know that they seem popular with people on this forum, but I am unsure as to if the company has variable quality (imported parts sporting the Wilkinson name). Anyway, any information on this subject is appreciated!

AFAIK most Wilkinson branded hardware is made in the Jin-Ho factory in S Korea. The more upmarket stuff, notably the VS100 and the Tele bridge with the 'rotating' saddles, are made by Gotoh in Japan.

I have several of them and have had zero problems. The oldest must be over 10 years old now and I see no difference in quality between it and the new ones. The base plate and knife edge are hardened steel. You can see Cagey's experience with trying to drill holes in one here.
I'm sure there maybe better bridges out there, but for the price and great experience I've had with them, I will almost certainly use one if I am putting a tremolo on something. With good locking tuners, I find them as stable as any Floyd I've ever owned and less trouble. Just my 2¢!
:guitarplayer2:

Fat Pete said:
AFAIK most Wilkinson branded hardware is made in the Jin-Ho factory in S Korea. The more upmarket stuff, notably the VS100 and the Tele bridge with the 'rotating' saddles, are made by Gotoh in Japan.

Thank you!

Back