Why no 335 shape?

I owned a Travis Bean TB-1000 back in the 80's - solid Koa, 14 pounds. Sounded great, fantastic, exlemplary - I'm still listing to the left.... :sad1:

travfrnt.jpg

bpmorton777 said:
it could be done but i think this looks a little odd...

Brian

I think it looks cool, not really 335 but would be cool to put a strat neck on there for something really different like a Fender starcaster.

I think if too much compromising happens to get the shape of a 335, then it's got nothing to do with a 335 anymore, weight, tone, looks.

All other W bodies are pretty true to their original counterparts.

If there was a way to have it look like the original except maybe the bolt on neck, (and not weigh 50 pounds), I would love to create one, ( flame maple top, raw wood neck...ah...yes...)

The mutant L5 is so fat looking! I like it, sorta reminds me of a cuddly teddy bear or something. Would look great with a baritone scale neck, i think.

For what it's worth.... I've pretty much always kept a Gibson or Epi 335 in my guitar arsenal for the last couple of decades, but my recent Tele Thinline build has really changed my whole concept. The only time I ever really played a Thinline was probably over 20 years ago, and it was a stock Fender, wasn't impressed.

Built a Warmoth with P90s, and WOW... Will be doing more of this ilk, already have a couple of people clamoring for me to sell them mine, or do a very similar build.

Try doing a Thinline build - use P90s/your favorite humbuckers, TOM/STP or Gotoh 510 bridge. You can get tone very similar to a 330/335 in a much lighter package with a faster neck.

willyk said:
Sir Schmoopie said:
my new build scenes is tingling

Hey Schmoopie! :sad:.......have your hands gone midget?

whhhhhhhat?  :tard: i meant, i scenes cb has something in the works,  any way if i were to make a 335 shaped anything, it would be a bass (slimed down a bit, not as bulky round the ass).
they do look awesome, but i don't think id ever get a guitar that bulky, maybe make it lp sized. 

something like..............this

Attachments

• bass.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 323
somethin like the top, but black, 34 inch scale. and a ceramic steel mm bucker, or a custom job i got floatin round the noggin
and a better bridge.  or something lps sized but hollow. same specs, with a wenge ebony neck. it just sounds like the perfect bass.

Or this one (modified in paintbrush  :tard:)

Attachments

• Hagstrom Sweden Bass Trans Red Modified.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 400
So, can you guys make a "half lefthanded" L5s?  Something like what was shown in the little pic, something like this:

L5s.jpg

Flat top of course.  No rear routes, of course.  Be very similar to the CS336 and CS339 actually... except flat.  All I did there was reverse the cutaway hide the control opening in the cutaway, and add more pot openings... it would be like a "half left hand" body... in my feeble way of thinking at least.

Back