Why does the package weigh so much?

I realize this is a 13 year old thread, however I just experienced a similar situation. I ordered a Strat body, Swamp Ash, unfinished, and paid the extra $40 for lightweight wood (I can only play lightweight guitars due to back problems). Warmoth completed the body today and I received UPS shipping notification. UPS lists the weight as 5.5 LBs. I was hoping for a body less than 4 LBs (ideally 3 1/2 LBs), so that would mean the packing material would weigh 1 1/2 to 2 LBs, which seems excessive. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday so I’ll report back then after I receive the body.

The body just arrived, and I’m very happy! After unpacking, I placed the body on my postal scale, and it measures 3 LBs, 3.7 Oz, even better than what I was hoping for! Warmoth really comes through when you request extra light weight. (y) Next, I need to get some pore filler and start the process.

On a side note, I planned this to be an “Inspired by Van Halen” build (one bridge humbucker and a Floyd Rose). I hadn’t decided on a color scheme yet, but since the body arrived on the anniversary of Ed’s passing (OCT 6), I feel it was meant to be that I give it Ed’s legendary Red/Black/White paint job.

The body just arrived, and I’m very happy! After unpacking, I placed the body on my postal scale, and it measures 3 LBs, 3.7 Oz, even better than what I was hoping for! Warmoth really comes through when you request extra light weight. (y) Next, I need to get some pore filler and start the process.

On a side note, I planned this to be an “Inspired by Van Halen” build (one bridge humbucker and a Floyd Rose). I hadn’t decided on a color scheme yet, but since the body arrived on the anniversary of Ed’s passing (OCT 6), I feel it was meant to be that I give it Ed’s legendary Red/Black/White paint job.
Make sure to do a build thread, single hum floyd guitars are my favorite.

Back