Which neck to get?

danadigenna

Hi everyone! Newbie over here.

I'm considering making my first partscaster, and I've narrowed it down to either a tele or mustang. I don't have much experience so I'm reading as much as I can. My goal is to balance quality and price: I'm going to finish the body myself, hopefully spend about 500-800 on the guitar total.

My question is about the neck: What's the best way to go here? I don't have experience working with necks and having to work on a neck scares me a bit, so I would rather just get a neck that's already ready to go. I was thinking a Fender MIM? Any USA necks I come across are really pricey. Any other options for finished necks? Comments on quality of MIM necks?

Thanks everyone! Looking for any and all info!!

You can probably get a neck that doesn't need a finish out of the showcase for a reasonable price.

MIM necks can be of good quality. There is not much distance between the US and MIM factory.

If you are working to a price another option is buying a finished instrument second hand and gradually over time modding it. Buying all separate hardware/pickups can turn out to cost more than you may have intended.

Back