Which job would you like at Warmoth ?

Updown

Well the tittle says it ......

I would do a number of jobs there ....
1st .... I would love to be the person taking the showcase pic's  :toothy10:
Then would get to see all those lovely items that are produced for the showcase before my very own eyes.

2nd .... I would love to be the person doing the final boxing / packaging of orders that where going out to customers around the world.
Just to get a look before anyone else see's it  :icon_biggrin:
Plus to see all those others, that you never see here at this forum.

3rd .... being an ex butcher, I'd love to cook up a Lamb on a spit, for all those that work there, on there fridays they have a BBQ

Hey come to think of it ...  :icon_scratch:  I'd even wash there cars or even be a coffee maker  :icon_biggrin:  or even ................ a Dunny cleaner  :eek:  :laughing7:

Any jobs going  :toothy11:

Kain VKail said:
Id personally like to be an apprentice of someones there.
Yeah, great call; I'd love to learn some of the finer skills involved with building necks in particular, but guitars/basses as a whole.  Finishing intimidates me, too, but having such talented folks to learn from (and the proper tools and space to do it in) would be terrific.

And if I was actually employed there, I'd definitely wind up giving most (all) of my check back after seeing way too many things I had to have...

When I was working there, I absolutely loved picking/grading/and posting the Unique Choice Lam Tops & Fingerboards to the site.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
When I was working there, I absolutely loved picking/grading/and posting the Unique Choice Lam Tops & Fingerboards to the site.

I'd love that, great job.

SustainerPlayer said:
Prototype test pilot.

This is one of my absolute favorite 'additional duties.'  When add new products, someone on staff will build an instrument with the new products to make sure it sets up and if there are any fit/finish issues.  I generally get the bass part duties, but have done a handful of Strats and Teles too.

Wow.... you mean I *have* to build another bass????  Ow, twist my arm!!

VP of Sales/Marketing/Business Development who is able to tele commute 60%-80% of the time until I have myself a pilots license and can commute via air from Snohomish to Puyallup. I would consider using an ultralight for this, but that doesn't seem like a good option for the +80% it's raining here in the PacNW

R

Like usual I want something that doesn't exist - I'd want to carve the custom "in-between" necks - you know, the .870" to 940" boats - and finish the fret ends (ever see Dunlop 6000's that have been properly crowned? Regular crown files don't fit, you have to use the triangle files).

And I'd want way, way more than they could pay so I could spend my weekends in Mexico, because 300 days of rain a year is about 275 too many. Though I hear the "weeds" grow well up there.... :icon_biggrin:

As interesting as most things they do there are, I can't imagine doing anything they do there day in, day out. I'd take a contracting job refactoring/updating the CNC machine controls/programs, but they seem to be turning out product without that, so no sense trying to fix something that isn't broken.

As Eric will likely agree, it really is like Santa's workshop for guitar/bass players, but it indeed is a business and therefore has its demands, and those demands are quite serious and affect the bottom line on wether the business is either profitable, or costing more than it's producing.

As much fun as it is to work there, that always has to be in the back of your mind and aiding in every decision being made.

Most businesses are that way, and a surprisingly large number of people aren't aware of it. If you cost more than you make, you're a liability that needs to be either eliminated or somehow turned into an asset. Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes anybody a job. It's not a "right", it's a privilege.

I could do RND. Theres gotta be a whole ton of stuffs they could do with those CNC machines, provided someone sat down and just spent their days coming up with new stuff and programing it. Alernatively, I would head up a new door-to-door salesman division. More musicians ought to be exposed to Warmoth's great craftsmanship.  :icon_thumright:

Like the Fuller brush salesmen or Johnny Warmothseed...

Knock, knock:

"Sir, aren't you tired of your old wobbly neck, the crappy little frets, the inscrutable Oriental intonation? Well, this is your LUCKY DAY!"

They wouldn't confuse you with the Jehovah's Witnesses, that's for sure. :hello2:

:icon_thumright:

"Let's just slap this nice Pau-Ferro neck I have here with me on your Strat, just to see if you like it. See how easy it is? just for bolts! Four bolts, sir, is all that stands between you and limitless customization!"

Back