Which job would you like at Warmoth ?

Torment Leaves Scars said:
Overlooking the paint department to insure all the customers who forked over $1000+ to Warmoth get the quality $245 paint jobs they paid for.
Ohhh ya, paint chips are good too, especially the leaded ones.... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
Torment Leaves Scars said:
Overlooking the paint department to insure all the customers who forked over $1000+ to Warmoth get the quality $245 paint jobs they paid for.
Ohhh ya, paint chips are good too, especially the leaded ones.... :laughing7:

But of course!  :toothy12:

"Hi I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!"

The one who builds Jaguars left and right for fun/fixes the headstock to the original pre-CBS Jaguar shape/did I mention making Jaguars left and right?

Both! But I'm big on fixing the normal Jaguar headstock to the large original with the very tight curves. Sexiest headstock/guitar ever. FYI Reluctant, I'm building a Jag now. Just ordered the neck for it (Fatback! Whoo!) I'll post pics when the neck arrives, pre-shipping to Tonar.

If I could have anyone's job my first choice would be Ken Warmoth's gig.

My first executive order as the owner of Warmoth would be to get everyone crackin on developing a Starcaster!  That would earn me points with the forum.  Then I'd raise prices to support all the gear I'd want to buy....

You know that brings up a job that pretty much every modern business is supposed to have: the future-predicting swami fortuneteller, AKA "marketing researcher." Without even charging Warmoth, I'n going to bring up the very obvious point that with at least a half-dozen reasonably credible companies now making Fenderish solid replacement bodies, it's only a matter of time before some guy with a steampress & a garage full of maple and birch plywood starts banging out Fender-neck-compatible hollow and semi-hollow bodies. Starcaster, Coronado, it doesn't really matter if they change the contours a bit, there's a lot of ways to point the horns a bit more towards a Languedoc or something. The first guy/company in on this makes a killing, with an easy transition towards the $5,000 setneck REAL Languedoc market later.

The designs of Anastasio's Languedoc guitars, inspired in part by the Fender Starcaster, are uniquely conceived and handcrafted instruments that make use of set maple necks with 24-fret ebony fret boards, dual Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 humbuckers
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Anastasio

coronadoII_bass_1.jpg

http://www.languedocguitars.com/guitars/

StubHead said:
You know that brings up a job that pretty much every modern business is supposed to have: the future-predicting swami fortuneteller, AKA "marketing researcher." Without even charging Warmoth, I'n going to bring up the very obvious point that with at least a half-dozen reasonably credible companies now making Fenderish solid replacement bodies, it's only a matter of time before some guy with a steampress & a garage full of maple and birch plywood starts banging out Fender-neck-compatible hollow and semi-hollow bodies. Starcaster, Coronado, it doesn't really matter if they change the contours a bit, there's a lot of ways to point the horns a bit more towards a Languedoc or something. The first guy/company in on this makes a killing, with an easy transition towards the $5,000 setneck REAL Languedoc market later.

http://www.languedocguitars.com/guitars/

This guy makes some seriously nice guitars.  Too nice for me, however. 

I would like that marketing direction job, but I sure would not like Ken's job.  Waaaaay to much work involved in running a business like that!

The CNC programmer opening would be fun - if it paid what I make now, and didn't require moving to the other side of the country. I've done it before, just in metal, not wood. Was one of the funner jobs I've ever had. If you have the make gene, it's hard to get it out of your system.

swarfrat said:
The CNC programmer opening would be fun - if it paid what I make now, and didn't require moving to the other side of the country. I've done it before, just in metal, not wood. Was one of the funner jobs I've ever had. If you have the make gene, it's hard to get it out of your system.
True dat, if you got that gene it is hard to get away from. I love making stuff, always have, wood, metal, plastic.. And I've lived in WA once, don't really care to again... :glasses9:

I don't know which job I'd want.  Truth is I'm not capable of doing any of them, which is why I'm a customer instead.  But, if I were trained, CNC programmer/operator would be cool.  The instant gratification of body contours and pickup routes are when a piece of wood starts looking like a guitar/bass body.

Back