Which job would you like at Warmoth ?

CrackerJackJack.gif
  :icon_biggrin:

Let me just say that my job here at Warmoth as photographer, is not all it's cracked up to be. One descriptor would be "STRESSFUL". Imagine the stress I must suffer on a daily basis. "OK, here come the finished bodies", I hear the voice say from down the hall. I then muster up all the courage and willpower that I can find in my already weak GAS constitution. Then in comes a parade of beauties like the ones below. The first problem is that I have to put hands (although cotton gloved) on each one of these vixens as I set them on the hanger. The next torture that I must endure is to see my photographic lighting absolutely bedazzle these jewels, making them shine and reflect light on their delicate curves. Then the image bursts onto my screen.....and I feel complete. Then comes the second descriptor for my job......"EXPENSIVE". Each one of these heavenly bodies seems to whisper, "take....me... home.." Then I am back to the first descriptor as I wonder, 'how much closer to divorce will another body bring me'. You can only use the line, "Oh no, I've had that for a LONG time" so many times.

Realistically.....BEST JOB IN THE WORLD  :blob7:

Attachments

• top (1 of 7).jpg
    174 KB · Views: 257
  • top (2 of 7).jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 189
  • top (3 of 7).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 190
  • top (4 of 7).jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 177
photoguy said:
You can only use the line, "Oh no, I've had that for a LONG time" so many times.

Hehe! Yeah, been there, done that, and you're right.

Divorce works, too. I don't want to say "I'll never get married again", but the chances are vanishingly slim. My willingness to compromise a philosophy, lifestyle and bank account for the sake of a 5 second orgasm has diminished dramatically with age.

top2of7.jpg

That's worth at least one divorce, maybe two or three. :toothy12: It all depends - when Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) finally got tired of bouncing around beauteous young Hollywood - like he looked down & realized he was old and fat and couldn't see his toes anymore - he married a Getty-oil heiress with 60 million dollars of her own. That's gotta be a help with the grocery bills, at least.

That green makes me think of the Incredible Hulk, but Eri(c/k) Z.'s green guitar is pretty sweet with that pearloid pickguard and chrome hardware.

StubHead said:
top2of7.jpg

That's worth at least one divorce, maybe two or three. :toothy12: It all depends - when Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) finally got tired of bouncing around beauteous young Hollywood - like he looked down & realized he was old and fat and couldn't see his toes anymore - he married a Getty-oil heiress with 60 million dollars of her own. That's gotta be a help with the grocery bills, at least.
Am I the only one that sees a Sleestack... :glasses9:

Cagey said:
photoguy said:
You can only use the line, "Oh no, I've had that for a LONG time" so many times.

That's one advantage firearms have over guitars. Most people don't store their guitars in a safe. We use the word 'safe' and most people think of it in terms of keeping them from theft, unauthorized use...

But a gun 'Safe' is actually more like the baseball sense of the word. Once your purchase makes it in the magic box it's SAFE!  Out of sight, and once the door opens again, completely indistinguishable to the uninitiated eye from all the rest of the ones already in there.

swarfrat said:
Cagey said:
photoguy said:

That's one advantage firearms have over guitars. Most people don't store their guitars in a safe. We use the word 'safe' and most people think of it in terms of keeping them from theft, unauthorized use...

But a gun 'Safe' is actually more like the baseball sense of the word. Once your purchase makes it in the magic box it's SAFE!  Out of sight, and once the door opens again, completely indistinguishable to the uninitiated eye from all the rest of the ones already in there.

Funny you should mention that.  I don't own any guns, but whenever I'm at Cabella's or any other outdoor sporting store, I always admire those huge rifle safes they have and think they would be great for storing my guitars in.  The houses we're looking at in our price range are in what you may call "marginal" neighborhoods, and I would love to get one of those huge safes once we finally do buy a house.  They would be safe from thieves and safe from the wife.

DangerousR6 said:
StubHead said:
top2of7.jpg

Am I the only one that sees a Sleestack... :glasses9:

Space alien?
Alien-Head.jpg

Little-Green-Alien-Tattoo-Design.jpg

photoguy said:
Let me just say that my job here at Warmoth as photographer, is not all it's cracked up to be. One descriptor would be "STRESSFUL". Imagine the stress I must suffer on a daily basis. "OK, here come the finished bodies", I hear the voice say from down the hall. I then muster up all the courage and willpower that I can find in my already weak GAS constitution. Then in comes a parade of beauties like the ones below. The first problem is that I have to put hands (although cotton gloved) on each one of these vixens as I set them on the hanger. The next torture that I must endure is to see my photographic lighting absolutely bedazzle these jewels, making them shine and reflect light on their delicate curves. Then the image bursts onto my screen.....and I feel complete. Then comes the second descriptor for my job......"EXPENSIVE". Each one of these heavenly bodies seems to whisper, "take....me... home.." Then I am back to the first descriptor as I wonder, 'how much closer to divorce will another body bring me'. You can only use the line, "Oh no, I've had that for a LONG time" so many times.

Realistically.....BEST JOB IN THE WORLD  :blob7:
Thats the job I'd like  :icon_biggrin: ...... But since you do such a great job  :icon_thumright:  I'd have NO hope at all getting it !!
:icon_scratch: So then @photoguy .....  How many guitars do you have ?

Cagey said:
Divorce works, too. I don't want to say "I'll never get married again", but the chances are vanishingly slim. My willingness to compromise a philosophy, lifestyle and bank account for the sake of a 5 second orgasm has diminished dramatically with age.
Ha Ha Ha .... Exactly the same here  :icon_biggrin: ....... been there ---- done that !!

Thats why No one can argue with me over my GAS for Warmoth  :toothy10:

Thank you for the props. I really enjoy my job. I have two short scale active PJ basses. 32 inchers. Two G5 five string basses with active MM p/u's.  One HSS strat. One HH strat. One SSS strat. One LP. One LP Special. One SG. One HSS tele. (really not a tele I guess) These are all Warmoths. I do have one Peavey Firenza guitar with P90's in it. I've tried to bring myself to sell it, but every time I do, I play it, and it sounds too cool. So I hang it back up.  My wife says I'm done for awhile, especially if I want that 55" LED TV for Christmas. This does seem like a lot of guitars, since I am mainly a keyboard player. I do play guitar and keys in one band and bass and keys in another, though. At least playing helps pay for my GAS.

photoguy said:
Thank you for the props. I really enjoy my job. I have two short scale active PJ basses. 32 inchers. Two G5 five string basses with active MM p/u's.  One HSS strat. One HH strat. One SSS strat. One LP. One LP Special. One SG. One HSS tele. (really not a tele I guess) These are all Warmoths. I do have one Peavey Firenza guitar with P90's in it. I've tried to bring myself to sell it, but every time I do, I play it, and it sounds too cool. So I hang it back up.   My wife says I'm done for awhile, especially if I want that 55" LED TV for Christmas. This does seem like a lot of guitars, since I am mainly a keyboard player. I do play guitar and keys in one band and bass and keys in another, though. At least playing helps pay for my GAS.

I'm going to make a shameless plug for Rob's bands.  These are great guys and two great bands!
http://trytheband.com/
http://theboinkers.com/

Updown said:
3rd .... being an ex butcher, I'd love to cook up a Lamb on a spit, for all those that work there, on there fridays they have a BBQ

Well it's Friday......  :toothy10:

photoguy said:
Thank you for the props. I really enjoy my job. I have two short scale active PJ basses. 32 inchers. Two G5 five string basses with active MM p/u's.  One HSS strat. One HH strat. One SSS strat. One LP. One LP Special. One SG. One HSS tele. (really not a tele I guess) These are all Warmoths. I do have one Peavey Firenza guitar with P90's in it. I've tried to bring myself to sell it, but every time I do, I play it, and it sounds too cool. So I hang it back up.  My wife says I'm done for awhile, especially if I want that 55" LED TV for Christmas. This does seem like a lot of guitars, since I am mainly a keyboard player. I do play guitar and keys in one band and bass and keys in another, though. At least playing helps pay for my GAS.

Thanks @photoguy thought there would be a long list.  :icon_thumright: Just keep buying the dear wife some shoes  :laughing7: You'll be right !!

Wyliee said:
I'm going to make a shameless plug for Rob's bands.  These are great guys and two great bands!
http://trytheband.com/
http://theboinkers.com/

Thanks @Wyliee for the links, much appreciated for that :icon_thumright:

RobR said:
Updown said:
3rd .... being an ex butcher, I'd love to cook up a Lamb on a spit, for all those that work there, on there fridays they have a BBQ

Well it's Friday......  :toothy10:
:icon_scratch: Thats a real bummer thou Rob .....  I live in Sydney, Australia  :sad:

But if I was anywhere near by there, I surely would love to.  :icon_biggrin:
Thanks again to all at Warmoth  :hello2:

Hey photoguy do you wear a protective helmet to take pics too.(inside joke) I should channge my name to fret guy. Fret crew ain't too bad here. Its detailed work with repetitivness and moderate volume. But sorry no openings anytime soon.

-welcome home amanda knox lol.

Back