WHHHOOOOOAAAAA

ocguy106

Just got off the phone with Warmoth and turns out my custom order shipped on friday. 5 weeks after I ordered it. I wasn't expecting it for another 5 weeks or so. The bad news is I am going out of town today and have to live with the knowledge that my parts are sitting at my house laughing at me for 2 weeks till I get back. I gave my sister strict orders to not open the boxes till I get back so I am sure it will be harder on her to see the boxes everyday and not take a peek. (this is a guitar for my dads 56 b-day so she is actually excited too). Many pics to follow.

Thanks to all on this board, you had a hand in shaping the final product of a 6 year plan.

Ken

What all was custom?  I ordered about 5 weeks ago and was given the "10 to 12 weeks" time as well.  Did you have finishing done?  Order a body and neck?  I wander if I should call and check the status?  I don't want to be a nuisance. 

The body was custom. hollow strat with f-hole contoured heel hard tail recessed TOM rear route...etc was just never going to show up in the showcase. As for the neck it was from the showcase but had to be finished.

The body I was quoted 4-6 weeks for manufacturing and 6-8 weeks for finishing. so I figured 2-2.5 months....it was all done in 5 weeks.

The only reason I called was I was told that they didn't charge your credit card till everything shipped, and my card got charged and I hadn't received any notification of shippment. i couldn't take it any longer so I called. Can't wait to get the parts.

cool, well congrats on the early shipping.  My card hasn't been charged, so I guess I will just have to keep dealing with my guitars getting scared every time I walk into the room.  They keep trying to peek behind my back to see if I have a screw driver or a soldering iron stashed somewhere. 

Your card should get charged after your order is confirmed. Mine was anyway. I was told 8-10 weeks and it came in 8.

ocguy106 said:
Just got off the phone with Warmoth and turns out my custom order shipped on friday. 5 weeks after I ordered it. I wasn't expecting it for another 5 weeks or so. The bad news is I am going out of town today and have to live with the knowledge that my parts are sitting at my house laughing at me for 2 weeks till I get back. I gave my sister strict orders to not open the boxes till I get back so I am sure it will be harder on her to see the boxes everyday and not take a peek. (this is a guitar for my dads 56 b-day so she is actually excited too). Many pics to follow.

Thanks to all on this board, you had a hand in shaping the final product of a 6 year plan.

Ken

Is that you Mr. Typton....... ??? Look what I've been working on...... :laughing7:
2440443566_b28574948e.jpg

Doug

I get my parts today....can't wait to get the plate. Honestly that is the final touch that will push this build over the edge. That looks great and can't wait to put it on the guitar, Alot of pictures to follow.

Thanks

ocguy106 said:
Doug

I get my parts today....can't wait to get the plate. Honestly that is the final touch that will push this build over the edge. That looks great and can't wait to put it on the guitar, Alot of pictures to follow.

Thanks
I've been swamped lately but I'll try to have it done by next weekend. I'm having some major dental work done today, so I'll be out of comssion for a few days.. :sad1:

Back