Where to put the strap buttons on a diamonback body so no neck dive happens?

Joe1166

I just ordered a diamondback body from warmoth and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about where to put the strap buttons so that no neck dive happens. I have seen that the gibson sg has neck dive but does this same neck dive happen on a warmoth diamondback body when it has a different shape than the sg? That the diamondback's has a sloped back make it more likely to not neck dive? Does the diamondback's bulkiness compared to the sg make it so it does not neck dive?

C

Cowbell Fever!

I would just attach the strap with cord wrapped around head stock just behind the nut. I think that is a cool look tha should be brought back.

teleme01

its my understanding that a heavy neck with a light body causes that,  solution (in my relm of thinkin) heavy body = any neck,  light body = light neck, and to the other question asto where to put the buttons,  i will let someone more nolegable answer that one.

Rick

Solution is two fold ... Put strap button on the neck plate.  There are videos on this.  Measure carefully.  Also use a strap with a leather back.  On my teles I just live with it.

NedRyerson

A suggestion, since I've built more than one guitar without the traditional top horn.

On my V-K, I originally had the button right next to the neck plate and it dove pretty badly.  I moved the button to the same position at the neck pocket and it's like night and day.

And I use cheap woven-nylon straps.

Attachments

• strap button.png
    strap button.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

stratamania

It would be better if someone who has a Diamonback can comment on this. I do not have one.

Fat Pete has one and here is the build thread. Perhaps reach out to him about where he placed the strap button as there is not photo. But anyway here is his build thread. (It doesn't seem like seven years ago that he built this but it must be)

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=25494.msg367038#msg367038