Where Is Everybody?...

I thought she was interesting and knowledgeable. However, she continuously liked to infuse her posts by prattling on about her social/political special interests. I have family that I love that identify in a different way than I do, but they don't continually post about it on unrelated forums where it is frowned upon.
Hmm... I never read anything that I regarded as offensive in any way. But I think these days people get offended by the smallest little things, it's just the way of the world right now. I personally find it cool when people share stuff about their lives other than which pickups they prefer (pun intended). But in all seriousness, I miss her. She was passionate, authentic, super helpful and very active. Shame to see her gone.

Hmm... I never read anything that I regarded as offensive in any way. But I think these days people get offended by the smallest little things, it's just the way of the world right now. I personally find it cool when people share stuff about their lives other than which pickups they prefer (pun intended). But in all seriousness, I miss her. She was passionate, authentic, super helpful and very active. Shame to see her gone.

Regardless of her overall activity, she did actually post some contentious, offensive things in contradiction with the board's guidelines. When I was an admin, after consulting with my late wife, who said the items in question were also offensive to women, after weighing things up from various perspectives I deleted them as they crossed the line.

Regardless of her overall activity, she did actually post some contentious, offensive things in contradiction with the board's guidelines. When I was an admin, after consulting with my late wife, who said the items in question were also offensive to women, after weighing things up from various perspectives I deleted them as they crossed the line.
Mayfly was her biggest fan and supporter ironically,:unsure: or not so ironically.

I believe bruzan is correct. Everything has gone up significantly except wages. Hard to put hobbies ahead of necessities.
That reflect reality , I have check my old order email , the Warmoth 40th Anniversary Dyes body in 2020 is $675 , Now I think will cost $9XX ~ over thousand .
the un-finished Warmoth Roasted Swamp Ash body in 2019 is $295 , Now it is $415 , but the income is lower in 2022 o_O

That reflect reality , I have check my old order email , the Warmoth 40th Anniversary Dyes body in 2020 is $675 , Now I think will cost $9XX ~ over thousand .
the un-finished Warmoth Roasted Swamp Ash body in 2019 is $295 , Now it is $415 , but the income is lower in 2022 o_O
Yeah that’s basically it. I’m self employed (physiotherapist) and kept my prices pretty much the same in the last 4 yrs. I have less work than I had a year ago and everything is more expensive, people cut expenses big time, I guess right now for a lot of us buying the umpteenth flame guitar neck or body is on the bottom of the priority list, especially when we have multiple guitars. Last year the showcase on warmoth‘s website was pretty much empty and they were flooded with custom orders, I took a look at it a few days ago and there’s quite a lot of stuff in it, it seems business slowed down for them too.

I think waning demand for and interest in home-based-hobbies was inevitable after the tidal wave that was 2020 and 2021.

Based on what I've experienced, people are now allocating more disposable income toward travel. The roads and airports were absolute bonkers-insane last week.

Ebbs and flows....

True ... ebbs and flows. Where I live people during the pandemic bought their gear, and people are now out and about, but everyone does remark on the cost of things. That's why I say good riddance to 2022, 2023 has got to better ... right? At least it can't get worse? maybe ... if it does, better buckle up butter cup.

i still #pop in from time to time here, just seems to be less things to actually discus these days

due to the money situation I've also taken a pause from buyin' 'n' buildin'. actually been thinking about getting a second job but the memory from when I was a plumping plumbing apprentice still haunts me. we showed up to a house for a "clog job" (when someone has put too much human waste down the pipe and it clogs it). well medium story short, they had a room with a sign taped to the door that said "Dog Room" and they told me not to go in. . . but i was pretty sure the pipes went through there, so i opened the door to check out the pipes. it had dozens of hot dogs on the carpet, all perfectly lined up in rows about 1" (inch) apart. the entire room was full of them and at the edges of the room it looks like they cut the dogs with scissors or something to make them line up. i never found out what Dog Room was for, exactly but it smelled awful so we billed them $30 extra for "Manual Inspection." that's what we put on the invoice when something weird happens. the clog job wasn't even due to hot dogs which is what i expected after seeing in that room. it's just free money for us, kind of like a weirdo tax. anyway i quit the next day

i still #pop in from time to time here, just seems to be less things to actually discus these days

due to the money situation I've also taken a pause from buyin' 'n' buildin'. actually been thinking about getting a second job but the memory from when I was a plumping plumbing apprentice still haunts me. we showed up to a house for a "clog job" (when someone has put too much human waste down the pipe and it clogs it). well medium story short, they had a room with a sign taped to the door that said "Dog Room" and they told me not to go in. . . but i was pretty sure the pipes went through there, so i opened the door to check out the pipes. it had dozens of hot dogs on the carpet, all perfectly lined up in rows about 1" (inch) apart. the entire room was full of them and at the edges of the room it looks like they cut the dogs with scissors or something to make them line up. i never found out what Dog Room was for, exactly but it smelled awful so we billed them $30 extra for "Manual Inspection." that's what we put on the invoice when something weird happens. the clog job wasn't even due to hot dogs which is what i expected after seeing in that room. it's just free money for us, kind of like a weirdo tax. anyway i quit the next day
Spectacularly irrelevant.

Spectacularly irrelevant.
seemed like many of us were sharing our late-stage capitalism woes, so i'd say its only partially irrelevent. which is to say, in this particular non-guitar thread, not really that irrelevant. that plumbing guy has some beefs around town, so it wasnt just the wierd Clog Jobs that drove me to quit (figuratively, not like in a car).

he said he "needed" to 'prank' a local exterminator biz (short for business) in town but since they knew him i had to be the one to do it (i can explain why in another post). so i called t he company and told them i have rats and various pests in my house. before the guy came over to exterminate, i set out a couple rubber mice (fake ones) on the floor in the kitchen. well, when he got to my place i yelled "there they are!" and he picked them up carefully with these long, metal high-tech chopstick looking tools. but when he discovered they were rubber he cussed at me (f word 2 times, and b---s--- word once) and quickly wrote up an invoice and left.

dude was only at my place for like 5 minutes and he didn't use any chemicals and the bill was nearly $200 (USD) and i don't really think thats fair, especially when he didn't have to exterminate anything. i gave the bill to plumbing guy but they kept calling and harassing me for weeks until he finally took care of it.

Last edited:
I'm almost never around. I used to be here very regularly but ever since Warmoth ended their LP model, and I learned how to make my own guitars, my time on forums diminished tremendously. How strange to realize it has been ten years already since I started learning how to make guitars.

seemed like many of us were sharing our late-stage capitalism woes, so i'd say its only partially irrelevent. which is to say, in this particular non-guitar thread, not really that irrelevant. that plumbing guy has some beefs around town, so it wasnt just the wierd Clog Jobs that drove me to quit (figuratively, not like in a car).

he said he "needed" to 'prank' a local exterminator biz (short for business) in town but since they knew him i had to be the one to do it (i can explain why in another post). so i called t he company and told them i have rats and various pests in my house. before the guy came over to exterminate, i set out a couple rubber mice (fake ones) on the floor in the kitchen. well, when he got to my place i yelled "there they are!" and he picked them up carefully with these long, metal high-tech chopstick looking tools. but when he discovered they were rubber he cussed at me (f word 2 times, and b---s--- word once) and quickly wrote up an invoice and left.

dude was only at my place for like 5 minutes and he didn't use any chemicals and the bill was nearly $200 (USD) and i don't really think thats fair, especially when he didn't have to exterminate anything. i gave the bill to plumbing guy but they kept calling and harassing me for weeks until he finally took care of it.
so for context it all started because we were getting some stuff on trash day (anything ppl put out on the curb is free and we can fit a lot in his work truck/van) and 2 guys from the company drove by in the extermination van and 1 yelled "haha, look, it's a trash rat!" at us. that's when he decided they need to pay, because: 1. we already checked on r/legaladvice (reddit) and its free to take furniture or baskets, etc that is on the curb, and: 2. we were scared they were going to spray juice or poison on us and use the "rat" thing as an excuse to the cops and first responders

if they want more business, instead of yelling at us, they should have said "Hey, you like free stuff? here's a free extermination" then this would've all gone better and i wouldn't even have had to buy rubber mice. which were a waste of money, btw, because the cussing guy took them, and we can't return them to Spirit Halloween when they come back in a few months.

so for context it all started because we were getting some stuff on trash day (anything ppl put out on the curb is free and we can fit a lot in his work truck/van) and 2 guys from the company drove by in the extermination van and 1 yelled "haha, look, it's a trash rat!" at us. that's when he decided they need to pay, because: 1. we already checked on r/legaladvice (reddit) and its free to take furniture or baskets, etc that is on the curb, and: 2. we were scared they were going to spray juice or poison on us and use the "rat" thing as an excuse to the cops and first responders

if they want more business, instead of yelling at us, they should have said "Hey, you like free stuff? here's a free extermination" then this would've all gone better and i wouldn't even have had to buy rubber mice. which were a waste of money, btw, because the cussing guy took them, and we can't return them to Spirit Halloween when they come back in a few months.
Glad you cleared that up. Was a bit confused without the context.

True ... ebbs and flows. Where I live people during the pandemic bought their gear, and people are now out and about, but everyone does remark on the cost of things. That's why I say good riddance to 2022, 2023 has got to better ... right? At least it can't get worse? maybe ... if it does, better buckle up butter cup.
It's definitely gonna get worse...

Honestly, I had three deaths last year in my family, my Dad, a Cousin and my Brother-in-law. The good news is I'm still employed, my wife has her job, my Mom's health is good, I play the guitar every night, kids (my nieces actually, but that's another story) are out of the house and employed with jobs and soon to be spouses. Had two gigs over the summer playing for folks, wife took me on vacation ... I'm optimistic that death will pass me by for year, and things will get better. Street Avenger, be of good cheer, if you can post a message on a guitar build website, things aren't that bad. Though ... I suppose things could always get worse ... let's hope not, I can't imagine what that would look like.

Honestly, I had three deaths last year in my family, my Dad, a Cousin and my Brother-in-law. The good news is I'm still employed, my wife has her job, my Mom's health is good, I play the guitar every night, kids (my nieces actually, but that's another story) are out of the house and employed with jobs and soon to be spouses. Had two gigs over the summer playing for folks, wife took me on vacation ... I'm optimistic that death will pass me by for year, and things will get better. Street Avenger, be of good cheer, if you can post a message on a guitar build website, things aren't that bad. Though ... I suppose things could always get worse ... let's hope not, I can't imagine what that would look like.
I am sorry to hear of your losses , all we can do as those who remain is to go on.:(

Oh, it's gonna get a whole lot worse over the next few years.

Remember, we are still clinging to the idea that we are not in a recession, while at least Ankle deep in one.

I'm almost never around. I used to be here very regularly but ever since Warmoth ended their LP model, and I learned how to make my own guitars, my time on forums diminished tremendously. How strange to realize it has been ten years already since I started learning how to make guitars.
I used to see your stuff on the SD forum.

It's definitely gonna get worse...
Amen.

Back