what's for dinner at your place

Balsamic glazed grilled chicken with mediterranean lentils, and grilled squash & artichoke with a creamy lemon sauce over everything.  Very tasty!

PT said:
Tonight - Grilled Cornish game hens done "up the butt" style with a beer can in the derrière plus grilled romaine with my wife's home made vinaigrette. Hen's had Penzey's Foxpoint seasoning. If you've never had it, it is terrific. Wonderful night. Great weather.

IMG_0025.jpg

Nice view!  I bet anything tastes better sitting out on that deck.

PT said:
Tonight - Grilled Cornish game hens done "up the butt" style with a beer can in the derrière plus grilled romaine with my wife's home made vinaigrette. Hen's had Penzey's Foxpoint seasoning. If you've never had it, it is terrific. Wonderful night. Great weather.

IMG_0025.jpg

Looks like Anaheim Hills.

Thanks! - it's Santa Barbara. Tiny house with a fabulous view. Don't need no big house, just enjoyin

Something Vietnamese and awesome - I'm in Vietnam right now. The food is ridiculous and totally unlike what you get in the states. I could use a bit more meat in the portions, but the flavors are brilliant.

I remember back when I used to travel a lot, I was constantly surprised at what local foods were made of, how they were made, and what they tasted like compared to the "authentic" cuisine you'd get in the states. Sometimes they didn't even know what you were talking about. For instance, go to Guadalajara and try to order a wet burrito. They'll look at you like you're nuts. Here, in some areas, it's almost a law that you have one on the menu. After all, it's Mexican cuisine! Everybody loves it! Except the Mexicans have never heard of such a thing <grin>

To add to Cagey's post, here's a fun game:

Step 1: Befriend a Chinese person.
Step 2: Start a conversation about Chinese food.
Step 3: Say you love General Tao Chicken.

Fun for everyone!  :laughing7:

pabloman said:
What is a wet burrito? Doesn't sound appetizing. Is that like a smothered burrito?

It may be like that. That would be a more palatable name for it, anyway. It's a tortilla about the size of a turkey platter, filled with roughly a pound of seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and onions, rolled up and covered with about a half pound of at least one, if not three cheeses, then doused in "burrito" sauce, which is basically a beef/pepper/tomato gravy. Put it in the microwave until its temperature rivals the sun, garnish with scallions, and serve it with sour cream, salsa and refried beans. Some places make them even bigger, and don't charge you if you can manage to eat one yourself.

Super SauroPOD said:
Tofu with a side of seaweed and a bottle of mineral water (preferably European brand a la Perrier).

You are killing me with these posts man..  :laughing7:

I'm still in Vietnam. I had the most brilliant f'ing dinner. Beef / mango salad (doesn't really describe the flavor or all of the ingredients) - amazing. Can't explain. Whole crapton of various bbqed fresh local seafood. Great dipping sauces. Litttle bit of rice to round it all out. Three beers. Total price: US $8.

Super SauroPOD said:
Tofu with a side of seaweed and a bottle of mineral water (preferably European brand a la Perrier).
Holy crap you are making me sad man. Sell your computer and cancel your internet and start eating some food. Tofu leads to man boobs and infertility through excessive phytoestrogens. Well known fact. Serious.

Back