what would be your DREAM rig ?

[/quote]

I think I could find most of the power switches.
[/quote]

they're the little button that almost always has "power" next to it  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

just stirrin the pot  :icon_thumright:

but seriously, that's pretty damn excessive for a home studio rig. imagine the electricity bill spiking when you turn it all on at once  :tard: then again, if you can afford all that gear, you most likely wouldn't care about electricity bills  :confused4:

And he's probably sponsored to use all of that. His actual rig is hidden behind it. I hear he uses a squire straight into a valve jr.

I don't know how many dream rigs I've posted here, but I think I'd dig a Mesa Triaxis -> TC Electronic G Major -> Marshall EL84 20/20 -> 4x12

that Steve vai rig is all or mostly studio recording equipment....dont think he's gonna be plugging his guitar into that Kurzweil sampler.

Brian

fender twinreverb
mesa boogie rectifier recording for metal  :headbang1:
marshal jmp-1
and a fully stocked pedal board with all anolg vintage pedals  :headbang:

Acoustic Guitar - Taylor WG5  - all Claro Walnut 12 string

Electric Guitar - Custom Alembic Tribute in coccobolo with a Howlin wolf inlaid below the bridge and paw print inlays on the fretboard
Amp- Mesa Boogie Mk IV with coccobolo cab /wicker grill  and  matching 1X12 Thiele extention

Bass - Alembic Stanley Clake Signature 4 in coccobolo with a grizzly bear with a salmon in his mouth in a stream inlay below the bridge and paw print inlays on the fretboard.

Amp - SWR SM1500 Alembic F2b pre-amp with 1 SWR Big Ben ( 1x18:) and 1 SWR Triad cab

On the acoustic side, an Adamas 2080, on the electric side, a warmoth mahogany body/all rosewood neck, P-rail in the neck, and a duncan distortion in the bridge and a five way switch.

then both into a planet waves chromatic tuner, then into a simple compressor like a BBE opto stomp, then into Sans Amp DI, then divide the two again, and send the electic signal into a BBE Green Screamer, Rat distortion, then into a BBE Delay, then into BBE Soul Vibe.  Back to the acoustic side, from the DI into a digiverb, then an aphex maximizer.  Send the electric signal into a Fender Bassman, and the acoustic signal into a Genz-Benz Shenendoah.

Back