what would be your DREAM rig ?

K

kreig

money is no object and anything goes !
mention how you might cable it up , too .
mention any specs worth mentioning .

mine would probably be to steal Joe Satriani's  :headbang1:

Too bad it wasn't a Dream guitar, i'd go on and on and on.

But yeah i'd like the latest Kirk Hamett (Hammet?)  Randall stack!

Edit: oh i gotta have my Cry Baby wah! i love it when to touch it on the treble end when using high gain and put a quiet delay behind it, makes awesome lead sounds and Excellent solos while rocking back and fourth on it!

I'd probably just go

Guitar -> Pedals (Varies, depending on what sound I want to get) -> Bogner Uberschall or Krank Krankenstein

With some sort of Fender amp for clean stuff.

I absolutely love my Hagström Swede reissue! But otherwise it depends alot on what I'd use it for - one rig for looping, one for solo performances, one for cover bands, one for rocking out, etc etc ad nauseam. I'd love to go on and on about it but I have dinner with Love now :)

http://www.bogneramplification.com/customshop/News.php - - scroll all the way down

guitar -> Pro Co RAT -> Mesa Road King (compressor in an effects loop for cleans)

I actually quite like the rig I'm running right now, I just wish I could get my tones at lower volumes.

I run a Crate V33 head into one of two Avatar 212 cabs, usually the V30/G12H30 cab.  I set it up to run on the edge of breakup when my volume is on 10;  roll it back for cleaner tones.  For dirt I use an Xotic AC Booster that gives me wonderful, thick, luscious drive tones.  For a solo boost I use an Xotic RC Booster that pushes me over the edge for sweet breakup on cleans and gives me a gorgeous, violin like lead tone when set up for OD. 

I would like to eventually add an analog delay, but I don't have the cash now.  I'd also like to upgrade my head someday.  It gets the job done now, but I wish I could get natural breakup at lower volumes.  I'm thinking either a Dr. Z Maz Jr. Reverb or maybe a 15 watt Bogner Metropolis, but that is a purchase that is a ways on down the road.

-Rose

Hmm, for most of what I play, I'd like my guitars, into a few or none of these pedals, depending on mood: fulltone OCD, boss DS2, small clone, wah, boss oc2 (great for noise), echo5.

And then the option of using either my AC15, or a fender 65 deluxe reverb.

If for some reason I found myself wanting a metal sound, I would want some sort of metal-y amp. But honestly, I love the way the AC15 kinda freaks out when I play with a lot of distortion. Great for a garage, rock, punk kind of sound.

So I guess my dream rig just means getting my hands on that deluxe reverb.

My absolute dream guitar rig:

a Line6 Variax transplanted into a Warmoth strat, with a fernandes sustainer.

ran digitally into a Vetta II, with FBV pedal.

speakers muted, DI outs going to my studio rig so that i can hear thru my monitors.

that probably seems crazy to alot of you, but thats my ultimate dream, and i will stand by that until line6 makes something better for me to use.

Anyone have any experience with those Randall swappable preamps?  It's a great idea and they look like nice products... I've been reading some good stuff about them.  How about one of those 4-preamp Randall units with, oh I dunno, Tweed, Blackface, Plexi, and Ecstacy modules, into a Marshall EL84 20/20... I bet that would be pretty sweet  :party07:

Pretty much the standard distortion that comes on the Raven amps. Those are awesome. :toothy10:

I'm really liking my current rig.  An 18 watt GDS head into a 4x12 loaded with various pre-Rola Celestions (G12M25's and G12H30's).  One thing I'd love to try is a 2x12" loaded up with some Alnico Blues for this amp.  That being said, an early original Marshall offset JTM-45 into a Blue-loaded cab would tickle my fancy too.  That combination just drips tone.

Back