What was the first album you bought with your own money?

Rick

Epic Member
For me: American Beauty by the Dead

Attachments

• 220px-Grateful_Dead_-_American_Beauty.jpg
    220px-Grateful_Dead_-_American_Beauty.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 232
Mine was "Betty" by Helmet and Nirvana's "Nevermind". Both on cassette tape from the Des Moines flea market  :headbang:
image_0195a7af-6f11-4d6e-b5e8-38658fc308fc_grande.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was this one.  If it wasn't, then it was my very own copy of Abbey Road.

117652265.jpg

R-6815846-1427215351-7015.jpeg.jpg

I was 11. I was at the mall because my (pretty cool I might add) paper airplane design won the science fair and I got to go to the next level. Bought it while I was there.  It actually took me a while to appreciate it. I was sort of expecting PK to be heavy metal I think. About 8 years later, Phil's playing had gotten a bit harder and my taste had mellowed out enough that we met together on Sunday's Child, which is still one of my favorite of his albums. (Phil Madeira had a lot to do with that too.)

You mean new albums, or old ones? The first album I ever bought at a garage sale was KLEO'S 22 Golden Hits. The first new album I ever bought was Master of Reality by Sabbath. (I'm old)

Showing my age:
Are You Experienced -Hendrix in 1971.  I was the ripe old age of 6 almost 7. I heard my 8 year older friend a couple houses down playing it and wanted it.

I think I bought cassettes of Moving Pictures and Licensed to Ill on the same day. Oh, I almost still pine for those salad years of teenage angst

I used to have a big album collection, so it was hard for me to remember, but I can name the first couple.  I moved out of the house at 25 for good.  And about a year later I came home for thanksgiving, and I looked for my stereo and albums, and my mom told me she sold them (including an autographed Abraxas album by Santana), but she did save one:  Matching Tie and Handkerchief by Monty Python.  All I could do was say Mom, I love you, and started laughing.  She and Dad got a dinner out of it, so it's alright.

I remember being mystified by Tusk at 12 years old.  40 years later I finally think I get it.

First album:  Doucette: Mama let him play

cover_Doucette77.jpg

Second Album:  Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

8552164-3x2-700x467.jpg

Soon after that I got into Pink floyd.  Still have all of them.

This is a difficult question.
I very much remember the first albums I got--but for Christmas and then my birthday .

One of the earliest I purchased was Tommy--I know that because the record store closed pretty soon after. (it had a head shop in the back)
I think I bought it because I had some sort of gift certificate or something--which is odd that a fairly sketchy /cool store would have gift certificates.

I have to take a look at my LPs and think about this some more.

TBurst Std said:
Showing my age: Are You Experienced -Hendrix in 1971....
Beatles '65, on vinyl. (just about the only choice back then.) I seem to remember paying like, $5. Before that, I bought a bunch of singles, they were like, 89¢. Thanks guys, now I really feel old.....  :-\

I can't remember either what I bought first.
But I do remember getting this from my father which I thought was really cool

Front+Cover+copy.jpg

Back