• 2) dual angled stacks, neck and bridge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) Standard strat

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4) 4 tele neck pickups arranged into semi-humbuckers

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 5) 3p90 strat

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 6) Hollow, bound, single bucker strat shaped something or other.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • other (leave suggestions in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mgaut051

I know I want a strat.

Single pickup seems interesting to me for some reason.

I'm already planning a 3p90, and a Tele Deluxe, so no real need to duplicate.

What do you prefer?

1)
untitled2.jpg

2)
untitled3.jpg

3)
untitled6.jpg

4)
untitled.jpg

5)
untitled5.jpg

6)
Picture3-1.png

The "4 tele neck pickups arranged into semi-humbuckers" is an interesting idea and looks kind of cool.  I know PRS makes one similar (actually it has 5 pickups with the four outside ones are set together) and I've always wondered what it would sound like.  Probably not significantly different, but it's a unique arrangement.

Nothing... for at least a couple years. You have until then to scheme and ponder.

swarfrat said:
Nothing... for at least a couple years. You have until then to scheme and ponder.

Thou'st are correct, fiend.

By the time I finish the teles, the soloist, the SE One... at least a decade. :p

I was kinda being tongue in cheek - taking 'brand new' to mean still green, as in you just had a huge tree in the back yard sawn up after it blew over in a storm.

None of the options mention finishing the body. Plain wood just always looks wrong.

swarfrat said:
I was kinda being tongue in cheek - taking 'brand new' to mean still green, as in you just had a huge tree in the back yard sawn up after it blew over in a storm.

I should probably get a moisture meter... I bought it from an urban lumber mill in Denver. Hard to tell how long it's been sawn, or if it's been kiln dried...

Autobat's opinion doesn't count - he doesn't even like gold hardware :)  Seriously though - on occasion I do like plain figured maple. But not many here do.

swarfrat said:
Autobat's opinion doesn't count - he doesn't even like gold hardware :)  Seriously though - on occasion I do like plain figured maple. But not many here do.
AutoBat said:
Wood colored wood? What fresh hell is this?

Lucky for me it's not maple, nor is it plain. The ray fleck is wild!

DSCF4991.jpg

DSCF4994.jpg

Hadn't even thought of gold hardware. That's a great idea! 

"would a distant relative of the maple, by any other name, look as bland? (without molten rays of the sun as it's accoutrement?)" - a certain Canadian bard.

As for the pickup selection - the only single single I've ever seen actually housed a JB jr.  I actually get enough kick out of my EMG SA's w/ the SPC to make a bridge single work just fine thank you - I like the edgey not totally mushed out tone I get that way. But if you go that route, it's probably the exception to my rule that singles always need a pickguard. No pickguard needs that much blank space.  I'd also prefer  it angled (or reverse angled) - and not quite so mashed up against the bridge.

Back