ThePhilosopher

Here's my baby.

Body: Wenge on Mahogany/Soft Finished by me
Pickups & Wiring: Crunchlab/Liquifire, 3 Way Switch, Individual Coiltaps
Hardware: Gotoh Humbucker Tele, Schaller Strap Locks

Neck: Wenge (Standard Thin), Ebony Fretboard, 6100s
Hardware: Grover 18:1 tuners
Tele_0005.jpg

:eek: Both classy and raw. GOTM material.

Can we see some more pictures please? Also the back!  :icon_thumright:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm .......... Wenge 

:icon_thumright:

Thanks guys, I didn't know my taste resonated so well with the rest of you. If you want to hear it in action you can check this clip out (tuned to Open Bb): http://soundcloud.com/dbartko/trek

That is one gorgeous piece of work! I'd have done the headstock differently, but I'll even forgive that on this one. Just beautiful!

Now you've got me thinking I don't have enough Teles.

I'm well known for my dislike of teles, and to a lesser extent reversed headstocks but I must admit this guitar looks pretty good.

AutoBat said:
I'm well known for my dislike of teles, and to a lesser extent reversed headstocks but I must admit this guitar looks pretty good.

I don't see me ever learning to like reversed headstocks, although I thought that about Teles, too. It was a long-running dislike, going back many, many years.

But, they're not all the same. Get rid of all the bad design decisions and garbage hardware Leo saddled the traditional Tele with, and they become quite comfortable instruments with a great deal of utility that can play and sound just fantastic.

Real nice build, love the grain on the Wenge top,
Is the back of the neck as figured? Can You get a pic up?

ThePhilosopher said:
Thanks guys, I didn't know my taste resonated so well with the rest of you. If you want to hear it in action you can check this clip out (tuned to Open Bb): http://soundcloud.com/dbartko/trek

Gorgeous guitar - I dig the clip a lot, too, especially the clean chorus/phasey stuff.  :headbang1:

Back