Well, call me biased, why don't you?!

fdesalvo

Meh  :dontknow:

But seriously.  I love the latest amp I built - it's spanky, fat, and clean - but it refuses to break up!  I want a softer attack with a little more compression on the front end of the notes and great bloom and  harmonic swirl.  You know what I just described?  A tweed power section.  Cathode bias, baby! 

Mwaha...mwahaha...mwahahahahahahaahaaaaaa!

drevil.jpeg

With a little snip here and a couple new blobs of solder there,  we effectively can turn this ol' AB763 power amp into something more along the lines of a 5E7 Tweed Bandmaster, thus rendering the aforementioned smokey, harmonically swirly, rich and chewy, tone I need to hear WITH earlier and actual breakup. 

If I end up liking this change, I'll have an extra hole for another potentiometer back there....hmmmm.

Should have this done by Thursday!  Will report back on this then.

38D0F7A7-5D4A-4487-A6D9-740562EF3784_zpspyvn8yxa.jpg

Surgery complete!  Wowowowowow!!!

This is the most amazing clean amp I've ever played. It is so touch sensitive and dynamic. It's got a beautiful feel now and such a lovely 3d sound. It's pushin about 28-35w now and is just glorious. It's tweed power section meets blackface preamp with more available mids.

Well judging from the outside the amp and cab are clean looking. I bet they sound amazing. Looks like a nice little combo. Well done!

Back