Well, after about six months, lol...

None taken.  For the record I don't care at all if you steal their logos.  I'm sure these are for your own enjoyment.  All I'm saying is I think it would look better with either all BC Rich or all Jackson font, or a third font that you make up.

Jesse said:
None taken.  For the record I don't care at all if you steal their logos.  I'm sure these are for your own enjoyment.  All I'm saying is I think it would look better with either all BC Rich or all Jackson font, or a third font that you make up.

It's all good.  Like I said, they just happen to be a couple of my favorites makes, and the initils fit.  I've seen a few people using real Fender logos for their Warmoth Strats, so I thought hybridizing a couple of completely different logos was not only harmless, but also not misleading, in the least.  Never even considered the "frankenstein" aspect, but it is well-taken.

Jesse said:
Honestly not a fan of this. I would say do the entire thing in one font or the other. Even then, eh. Using the exact fonts from those companies to me implies that it's some sort of Frankenstein of guitars from both manufacturers, which it clearly is not.

Maybe go to a local tattoo artist and see if they could draw something up for you?

Glad I posted up this thread.  I got some really awesome input.  I think the logo indeed looks better without the periods in the "BC" part.  Rgand got the logo into something workable in Photoshope, which I had been struggling with (Thanks!)

Finally, I spent a good part of the day yesterday mocking up a "7/8" modified Bich body, and a hybrid Bich/Mockingbird body, to see which one I like best.  This will go with a 24-3/4" neck that has a Warmoth headstock that will be modified into one similar to a lesser-known 3+3 Jackson headstock.  That way, the inaugural guitar that gets my BC Jackson logo will indeed be similar to a BC Rich / Jackson Frankenstein guitar.  Not sure if I am really going to follow through with it, or not, as it looks like a LOT of work and time.  Work I don't mind.  Time I just don't have.  Oh well, we'll see.

Thanks for all of the constructive input!  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
... a "7/8" modified Bich body, and a hybrid Bich/Mockingbird body...

If you'll do it you will use a full size body or 7/8?
Can you post a pic of the hybrid body? I don't think I have seen a hybrid of these two.

DocNrock said:
Glad I posted up this thread.  I got some really awesome input.  I think the logo indeed looks better without the periods in the "BC" part.  Rgand got the logo into something workable in Photoshope, which I had been struggling with (Thanks!)
:icon_thumright: Looking forward to seeing this one.

rgand said:
DocNrock said:
:icon_thumright: Looking forward to seeing this one.

I've been working on this most of the day, so I'm a bit tired.  Pics say it all, anyway.  The original Jackson 3+3 fits inside a W heastock.  cool. 

Meranti topped Mahogahy strat, 24 3/4" Imbuia neck.  To be continued.  Too tired.

I'm somewhat confused.  Is that a Jackson headstock in that picture?  You could also omit the truss rod cover to gain a bit more space.  With as nice as the headstocks are finished, I see no reason to install it.

Cagey said:
Hehe! Well, Jackson's only 35-ish, so a bit young yet. BC Rich is 46, though. Probably right at the point where the "Bitch" name is appropriate  :laughing7:

imgrc0070083114.jpg

BC Rich Bitch - needs a Floyd... and more knobs/switches

This was the inspiration behind the TFS6 & 7.  Neal Moser and I are good friends, and when I showed him my guitar he had a good chuckle.  I took his design and made the bottom wing symmetrical, since that was the one thing I felt that the Bich' should have had.  He shared that it was to facilitate the additional 4 tuners for the 10 string function.  He never intended the Bich' for metal, he meant it as a multi function guitar, but primarily for country.  He added all the coil taps, phase, & varitone circuitry to make it more versatile in the studio, and the booster preamp that came later was to drive the front end of the amp, since he uses no distortion pedals.

DocNrock said:
I've been working on this most of the day, so I'm a bit tired.  Pics say it all, anyway.  The original Jackson 3+3 fits inside a W heastock.  cool. 
Well, that's convenient, eh? Jackson must have had you in mind for that.  :icon_biggrin:

Jesse said:
I'm somewhat confused.  Is that a Jackson headstock in that picture?  You could also omit the truss rod cover to gain a bit more space.  With as nice as the headstocks are finished, I see no reason to install it.

Let me try this again.

Original mahogany Strat with meranti top:

"7/8" Bich-style cutout based upon meranti-topped Strat.  I loosely call it a hybrid with the Mockingbird as the lower horn is more Mockingbird-like.

Original Jackson 3+3 headstock, inverted.  This fits inside of a Warmoth-style headstock, but the tuner holes would need to be redrilled.

Finally, the short-scale neck I will probably use for the project.  Imbuia with a brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

Interesting concept Brent, but rather than ruin that killer neck, you could just get a paddle head sans tuner holes... :dontknow:

Personal taste potentially - but have you thought about trying to slim down the Jackson logo lettering, and fatten up the "BC" just a touch. This way even though the fonts are different, they will seem more uniform?

slashin_velvet said:
Personal taste potentially - but have you thought about trying to slim down the Jackson logo lettering, and fatten up the "BC" just a touch. This way even though the fonts are different, they will seem more uniform?

That's a fairly cool idea.  This is why I started this thread.  I was fairly certain the board membership would have some cool ideas, this being one of them. 

DangerousR6 said:
Interesting concept Brent, but rather than ruin that killer neck, you could just get a paddle head sans tuner holes... :dontknow:

And this is another one!  :icon_thumright:

Back