Weird metallic resonating sound when playing hard

I have a warmoth tele (warmoth pro wizard neck and chambered alder body) and I notice that when I play chords or single notes slightly harder than normal it makes a ringing sound that lasts a second or two after I mute the strings. It seems like its coming from the trussrod. Has anyone ever had this or know any solutions to it?

Wow, I just tried holding my hand over the strings before the nut and played... and that's exactly what it is. I feel like an idiot now. Is there any other alternative/fix until I get trees?

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7267.0 might be interesting.

The standard fender type are awful, get something that allows the string to move freely front to back like the barrel or roller type, and put some lead pencil at the contact point of tree and string, they won't have any negative effects at all.

string trees and if your pickups are real close to the strings you could be getting "wolf tones" .... just an idea..

Look at the springs on your bridge saddles, if they are loose they can make noise.

I'm thinking about replacing my string trees on my Warmoth.    I got the ones from Warmoth, the fender style, but really want to do either the roller or the graphtec.  Any thoughts?  I've already got a graphtec nut so I'm leaning that way.

Back