Wasn't sure about the next project....

Sounds suspiciously like the seller is pissed off about the final selling price. I had that happen with an old Tung-Sol tube caddy I snagged for $5.00, the seller held up shipping for nearly 3 months hoping I would just give up and ask for a refund.

RLW said:
Sounds suspiciously like the seller is pissed off about the final selling price. I had that happen with an old Tung-Sol tube caddy I snagged for $5.00, the seller held up shipping for nearly 3 months hoping I would just give up and ask for a refund.

Nope; unsolicited and without any further dialog she sent this:

Message From Seller:
Since it appears the item was lost in the mail I'm giving you this refund.  If it turns up, I trust you will pay this back. Merry Christmas.

God Bless,
Stephanie

Damn Christians!!! I know the price was about 1/2 of what the body cost, and am equally sure it never was mailed...

Guess I'll have to start scouting the Showcase for a body to use this blue dye and Lake Placid Blue lacquer on....

Smells like BS to me..

I would ask for a copy of the UPS or USPS packing slip, or leave bad feedback if she refuses..

"Dingbat woman who sold it responded and said she'd ship and send tracking info the next day, but never did and was slow to respond, last deal was that she shipped USPS WITHOUT tracking/insurance"

After saying she would sending tracking number the next day, then claimed it was shipped without any; I've actually never had this happen on eBay before, with the exception of something that got squashed on it's way here from Hong Kong, but was immediately replaced..

Oh well, it's not like there aren't many alternatives to use the blue dye on in the Showcase; this one looks real interesting:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=T594&menuItem=2&subMenuItem=1&subMenuItem2=0&controlRout_filter=2

This one is THE bitch!
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=S2189&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&laminateWood_filter=14
S2189a.jpg

hey Jack

im not a big ebay user so i dont know much about it. Is there a way you could track auctions from just this vendor? I bet she puts it back up for auction a few weeks down the road. you could call her on it or just have enough dirt on her sorry ass to trash her record there at ebay. On tye other hand...that Body that Nonsense Tele posted is pretty sweet...and cheap too.

Brian

One of the problems with the Ebay system is the fact that when you trash someone else's rating, you're sure to get trashed in retaliation, which makes you a less trusted seller / buyer regardless of the truth of the situation. Therefore ratings tend to be uniformly positive, and if Jack sells a lot on Ebay he has to watch his own rating. Anyone who uses Ebay knows that buying there, you're putting your faith in the goodness of human nature.  On the other hand, I just got a $200 computer I/O (a toneport UX2 fo rmy sister) for $100, and got a quantumview report yesterday.
Glad you're getting your money back, Jack.  Anyhow don't you have like 18 other projects right now?

18? Nope. Have the '54 Goldtop project; that will take several more weeks as I can't even get one lacquer a day on with current climate conditions; ditto on the VIP refinish job; it's a day to dye it and the same issue getting lacquer coats on.

Need something cool to use the blue dye/toner I had already gotten to do the quilt top that's now not coming; you're right on the eBay situation, the only time I actually got defrauded was some schmuck had a Strat pickguard with a set of EMGs on it on an auction and wound up sending me a Squire pickguard with it's stock PUs. Dumbass was an M.D. and claimed he didn't know the difference; he wound up trashing ME for trashing him...

Back