Warmoth Today

DangerousR6 said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The ol' mother-o-toilet seat.
It's the 'ol bowling ball top...Haven't seen any of those around in years..

Oh man, I can see it now...that on a Tele, with a rhinestone encrusted strap, accenting a gold lame Nudie cowboy outfit! Branston, here we come!

Wyliee said:
two_teles.jpg

It arrived! And it's awesome. Super lightweight and the top looks amazing. However, I'm a little surprised by the back. It's clear (which I thought I might have seen in that picture) over basswood. I really love it, but I was absolutely positive it would be black. Oh well, not what I expected but it looks great! As far as basswood goes, I think it's definitely a great piece for a clear finish. Just a little surprise when I opened the box tonight :icon_biggrin:

JaySwear,

I know that you know the rules !!! :icon_biggrin:
Pics man, we need pics...
Let's see some  :kewlpics: &  :rock-on:

swarfrat said:
basswood thinline? What's it weigh?

NOTHING. I almost threw the thing when I lifted it out of the box. I might need a good wide strap to keep this one from sliding around while playing and to prevent neck dive...

Black Dog said:
JaySwear,

I know that you know the rules !!! :icon_biggrin:
Pics man, we need pics...
Let's see some  :kewlpics: &  :rock-on:

:icon_biggrin: I know I know. There will be pictures! Tomorrow. Sorry :-\

If you spec'd a black back, send it back.

Thought about it, but I'm not 100% sure I did (99%, but not 100) and it took a little while to get completed. All in all I'm really happy, just surprised.

JaySwear said:

Thought about it, but I'm not 100% sure I did (99%, but not 100) and it took a little while to get completed. All in all I'm really happy, just surprised.

By all means, double check your order.  If it isn't right, contact Rob at sales@warmoth.com or rob@warmoth.com.

With that said, I remember taking the picture and thinking that there was something special about that body that made it stand out against all the others in production.  One of those 'making your hair stand on end' kind of things....

Wyliee said:
JaySwear said:

By all means, double check your order.  If it isn't right, contact Rob at sales@warmoth.com or rob@warmoth.com.

With that said, I remember taking the picture and thinking that there was something special about that body that made it stand out against all the others in production.  One of those 'making your hair stand on end' kind of things....

:icon_biggrin: It did! I'll definitely check my order, but by no means will this thing go back. If you had told me I'd get a clear over basswood I'd cringe, but it looks great. A great dividing line between the top and back.

This thing is so bright, my phone camera could not capture the real color.  Think even brighter orange....

So bright I gots to wear shades!

orangestrat.jpg

JaySwear said:
:icon_biggrin: It did! I'll definitely check my order, but by no means will this thing go back. If you had told me I'd get a clear over basswood I'd cringe, but it looks great. A great dividing line between the top and back.

Some things are are just stunning in real life, but tough to capture with a camera of any sort. The Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls come to mind, but more to the point, wood grain and colors. You need stereoscopic vision and natural light to catch all the nuance.

Wyliee said:
Here's a very rare option.... Acrylic swirl top.  I was under the impression we were out of the material but we must have found more...

acrylic2.jpg

I always liked this option. It's very non-traditional but it doesn't look bad. I imagine you could do a lot with it with a creative burst job on a more modern-style guitar. 

Wyliee said:
This thing is so bright, my phone camera could not capture the real color.  Think even brighter orange....

orangestrat.jpg
Warmoth is making Halloween decorations in the custom shop now, huh?

Great Ape said:
Wyliee said:

orangestrat.jpg
Warmoth is making Halloween decorations in the custom shop now, huh?

That one (or its twin) went up on the showcase today:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=SLP205

Back