Warmoth LP, Gibson truss rod cover question

jay4321

Any tips for using a regular Gibby truss rod cover on a Warmoth LP?

The truss opening looks slightly too large to be completely covered, but has anyone tried it? Would like to use one marked "Studio" for my project and can't tell if the little gaps will be enough to matter. Trying to find out before shelling out $15 on ebay

I bought a real cover for my guitar. The thing I noticed is I needed to snip the bottom screw holes off. I ended up not using it because withe the stickers I had on there already it looked to busy for me.

got the idea from this guitar/thread:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12.0

Thanks. That idea crossed my mind, but I don't have the tools to do a nice clean cut like that, I'd have to find someone that does

I recently received my LP neck from warmoth, yesterday I installed my waverly tuners on it and it looks awesome.
The neck is made from wenge so it is unfinished and the supplied truss rod cover looks bad on it.

Any suggestion for something that would look better on it? I was thinking of a 3 holes "bell" style cover made with a white ply under a black ply... I am also wondering if I should engrave something on it or not.
Thanks

on my super-custom instruments, I tend to make the covers from padouk, bubinga or some other woods :)

Orpheo said:
on my super-custom instruments, I tend to make the covers from padouk, bubinga or some other woods :)

Do you make them yourself or buy them from somewhere in particular?

Back