Warmoth Les Paul #7: flamed maple blue dye

Orpheo

I wanted a blue les paul for a long time, but for me, I needed a blue AND green one, at the same time, otherwise it would've been a no-deal...

so, I sold 2 gibson LP customs, and with that money, I bought this blue one first.

the specs!

5A flame, blue dye with black burstover
lip over binding
transparant back, mahogany
zebrano neck, 5 piece, with bloodwood spacers
ebony board
zebrano trapezoid inlay
air norton pickups

and boy, does she sound GREAT! just like an older gibson LP, or a 6000 EURO LP standard, customshop 1959 reissue, but better! more TONE, more tight, more AIR, more crunch, more smoothness, more in every aspect. oh, and yeah, I forgot to mention: its a solid mahogany back, and the entire guitar is less than 4 kilos!

she plays very, very smooth, and the 6100 frets are seated nicely on the fretboard, no gaps whatsoever. the feel is very vintage-y with a modern vibe, and everything I want it to do, she can do it. from heavy metal to funk to blues. the air nortons are really awesome in this guitar.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Beautiful, nice clean lines.  I love it dude.  You NEED a blue and green one at the same time.  I'm gonna try that one.  If I don't post again, it didn't go well.

To be honest, when I saw the neck and body here at the shop, I wasn't too keen on the zebra blocks.  Seeing it assembled, I think the speed knob color ties in well with the blocks.  Looks great!

What can I say?  What can anyone say?

Congratulations.  We all live through your experiences.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
dbw said:
Oh COME ON  :eek:

I know right?  He's either Danish royalty or has credit out the wazoo.

no no, I sold guitar for these 2, and saved up a LOT.

@wylee: yeah, these guitars, the green and blue, are the only ones you haven't had something to do with :p (regarding emailing or something like that). with all my others, you were involved somehow, somewhat. Sometimes I read the correspondance we had, and I can't help but feeling a bit embarresed... all those questions, changes, supplementals.  :hello2: :eek:ccasion14:

but this neck really, really plays great, and sounds awesome. Just plugged it in again, and boy oh boy, she ROCKS! I stopped playing the gibsons, cause my warmoths blow them away.

Now this is a sexy maple top!  :icon_biggrin: Basically, this is a flawless Les Paul. They can come different, but not much better. Congratulations!

Orpheo said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
dbw said:
Oh COME ON  :eek:

I know right?  He's either Danish royalty or has credit out the wazoo.

no no, I sold guitar for these 2, and saved up a LOT.

@wylee: yeah, these guitars, the green and blue, are the only ones you haven't had something to do with :p (regarding emailing or something like that). with all my others, you were involved somehow, somewhat. Sometimes I read the correspondance we had, and I can't help but feeling a bit embarresed... all those questions, changes, supplementals.  :hello2: :eek:ccasion14:

but this neck really, really plays great, and sounds awesome. Just plugged it in again, and boy oh boy, she ROCKS! I stopped playing the gibsons, cause my warmoths blow them away.

It's all good.  You've got an amazing collection!!!

Mark O said:
Thanks Orf for reviving the US economy!

I hear the dutch economy is worse now :(

no, its going up again, we're just in league with the rest of the global economy.

but something else: I just ordered 2 others, the final 2 warmoths. there's no neck I can think off I would want, and no neck = no body, so, no guitar ;)

Mark O said:
so you are finally getting bocote and goncalo?????????

not available for angled neck, and yes, I do get them on another build, but not warmoth ;) regarding the angeld headstock-necks, I still needed bubinga and purpleheart, and those will come. when I'm 'done', I]ll have the following:

indian RW
brazilian RW (2x)
wenge
padouk
zebrano
canary
ziricote
bubinga
purpleheart.

10 warmoth LP's in total, where 4 are fully exotic, and 6 are maple-topped and somewhat less exotic ;)

That may be my favorite LP I've seen here. Hard to say, there's some stiff competition but that thing is gorgeous.

sundin4prez said:
Orpheo do you happen to have a picture with all your warmoths together.... it would be amazing to see...

sure I do. I'm going to post them now in the 'general discussion' section :)

Back