Warmoth Family Picture

DocNrock

Master Member
I've been bitten by the bat this past year, and had a rabid drive to build a few guitars.  Here is a new "family" pic, requested a couple of months ago by DangerousR6.  Hope you enjoy them partly as much as I do!

wcollection.jpg

:icon_thumright: :cool01: :cool01: :icon_thumright: :headbang1:

Medical school seems like it may be a good investment for me. Looks like the pay is good as a doctor.

Nice collection!
Which is your favorite? You can choose different favorites (finish, playability, sound, etc...)

Max said:
Medical school seems like it may be a good investment for me. Looks like the pay is good as a doctor.

Nice collection!
Which is your favorite? You can choose different favorites (finish, playability, sound, etc...)

Its decent for now, Max...my Son is going into business, that will have a better future.  The years to become a doc, and the hours currently, can be done away with by going into business.  Trust me. 

Regarding my favorites, I have to say the blue Strat for appearance, by far.  As far as playability, they are almost all equal, although the white rear routed Strat in the foreground somehow plays forgivingly low, if that makes any sense.  Finally, as far as tone goes, it has to go to the bloodwood Strat.  That thing has grind and crunch that goes to tomorrow, or maybe the next universe.  :icon_thumright:  A close second is the blue Strat in tone.

My all-around favorites are the blue strat, the WGD, and the korina strat.  I think the bloodwood is the best-looking, then the blue strat.

Max said:
Call me crazy, but I dig that korina strat the most as far as looks go.

You're not crazy, at all.  However, as they all are my babies, I love them all equally.    :icon_biggrin:

Absolutely beautiful family you got there Doc, just awesome... :icon_thumright: Now you need a spalted tele, you got plenty of strats need to add another tele..Maybe a "shredder tele" with a pointy rev..... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
Absolutely beautiful family you got there Doc, just awesome... :icon_thumright: Now you need a spalted tele, you got plenty of strats need to add another tele..Maybe a "shredder tele" with a pointy rev..... :laughing7:

Thanks, dude.  You made the cornerstone of every build. 

No more teles for me, for now anyway.  However, the last two builds I am contemplating are a VIP (already have the killer neck) and perhaps a V2.

DocNrock said:
Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:
I thought you had two guitars like that red one with blade pickups. Do I remember wrong?

3rd from the right.
See that one, but wasn't there another? Twins or something. Except one was older  :tard:

Nope.  What is there is...what is there.   :laughing7:
:doh:I probably just saw extra threads on that one. Oh, well. You've still got more than me :p

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

No more teles for me, for now anyway.  However, the last two builds I am contemplating are a VIP (already have the killer neck) and perhaps a V2.
Glad I could take part in builing your collection... :icon_biggrin: Forgot you had a plan for a VIP, an a V2...But no more tele's..... :sad1:

What's the "killer neck" lying in wait..... :icon_scratch:

Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:
I thought you had two guitars like that red one with blade pickups. Do I remember wrong?

3rd from the right.
See that one, but wasn't there another? Twins or something. Except one was older  :tard:
He had bought on that was a burst that was almost identical to the first build,third from the left, but sent it back...

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:

3rd from the right.
He had bought on that was a burst that was almost identical to the first build,third from the left, but sent it back...
Thanks. I was sure there was more than one. Thought I'd seen a pic of both guitars/bodies together.
Way to help me out there, Doc  :icon_jokercolor:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

Glad I could take part in builing your collection... :icon_biggrin: Forgot you had a plan for a VIP, an a V2...But no more tele's..... :sad1:

What's the "killer neck" lying in wait..... :icon_scratch:

Zebrawood neck with W headstock and two bloodwood stringers.  Ebony fretboard, MOP dots, 6100 stainless frets.  Just waiting for a worthy VIP body to appear in the showcase.  I know how you love ebony fretboards.   :laughing7:  The VIP I build will likely get the Sustainiac that was suppose to go in the WGD.

Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:

3rd from the right.
Thanks. I was sure there was more than one. Thought I'd seen a pic of both guitars/bodies together.
Way to help me out there, Doc  :icon_jokercolor:

I didn't know you'd remember that.  It was never assembled into a guitar.

Back