Warmoth Family Picture

DocNrock said:
Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:
I thought you had two guitars like that red one with blade pickups. Do I remember wrong?

3rd from the right.
See that one, but wasn't there another? Twins or something. Except one was older  :tard:
He had bought on that was a burst that was almost identical to the first build,third from the left, but sent it back...
Thanks. I was sure there was more than one. Thought I'd seen a pic of both guitars/bodies together.
Way to help me out there, Doc  :icon_jokercolor:

I didn't know you'd remember that.  It was never assembled into a guitar.
I think I've read every post here. Yeah, I got bored over summer break. Good luck finding the next great VIP body.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Absolutely beautiful family you got there Doc, just awesome... :icon_thumright: Now you need a spalted tele, you got plenty of strats need to add another tele..Maybe a "shredder tele" with a pointy rev..... :laughing7:

Thanks, dude.  You made the cornerstone of every build. 

No more teles for me, for now anyway.  However, the last two builds I am contemplating are a VIP (already have the killer neck) and perhaps a V2.
Glad I could take part in builing your collection... :icon_biggrin: Forgot you had a plan for a VIP, an a V2...But no more tele's..... :sad1:

What's the "killer neck" lying in wait..... :icon_scratch:

Zebrawood neck with W headstock and two bloodwood stringers.  Ebony fretboard, MOP dots, 6100 stainless frets.  Just waiting for a worthy VIP body to appear in the showcase.  I know how you love ebony fretboards.   :laughing7:  The VIP I build will likely get the Sustainiac that was suppose to go in the WGD.
Oh yea, that one slipped my mind. I remember you telling me about it but didn't know you got it.... :icon_thumright:

And oh yes, I just love ebony fretboards(said in a sarcastical tone)..... :icon_jokercolor:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Absolutely beautiful family you got there Doc, just awesome... :icon_thumright: Now you need a spalted tele, you got plenty of strats need to add another tele..Maybe a "shredder tele" with a pointy rev..... :laughing7:

No more teles for me, for now anyway.  However, the last two builds I am contemplating are a VIP (already have the killer neck) and perhaps a V2.
Glad I could take part in builing your collection... :icon_biggrin: Forgot you had a plan for a VIP, an a V2...But no more tele's..... :sad1:

Zebrawood neck with W headstock and two bloodwood stringers.  Ebony fretboard, MOP dots, 6100 stainless frets.  Just waiting for a worthy VIP body to appear in the showcase.  I know how you love ebony fretboards.   :laughing7:  The VIP I build will likely get the Sustainiac that was suppose to go in the WGD.
Oh yea, that one slipped my mind. I remember you telling me about it but didn't know you got it.... :icon_thumright:

And oh yes, I just love ebony fretboards(said in a sarcastical tone)..... :icon_jokercolor:

Its all good.  I forgive you.  :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

Its all good.  I forgive you.   :laughing7:
:icon_biggrin:, I guess I just like the fretboard to be as much of a statement as the body...Some of the Macassar Ebony is pretty cool...
FB206a.jpg

FB190a.jpg

I guess I lost track of all your builds...wow, its impressive when put all together like that! 

My favorites....damn.  Id have to go with the Korina Strat. Followed by a 3-way tie between the bloodwood soloist, spalted soloist, and new blue strat.  :sad:

I still say the black hardware looked better on the Tele.  :(  But, hey, they're yours, not mine.  Nice little collection you've got there Doc.  Makes my paltry two Warmoths look a little light.

Blue313 said:
I guess I lost track of all your builds...wow, its impressive when put all together like that! 

My favorites....damn.  Id have to go with the Korina Strat. Followed by a 3-way tie between the bloodwood soloist, spalted soloist, and new blue strat.  :sad:

Thanks Dan.  I really just put this together 'cuz I Dangerous suggested it a month or two ago.  No need for favorites, but I appreciate the thought.  Like I said, they're all my babies.  :laughing7:

guitlouie said:
I still say the black hardware looked better on the Tele.  :(  But, hey, they're yours, not mine.  Nice little collection you've got there Doc.  Makes my paltry two Warmoths look a little light.

Thanks, Guitlouie.  I think chrome would look better than the black, but I think the gold is better than both.  JMHO, but you're right, it's my guitar.  There have been some builds (not yours, btw) that I thought could have done better with different color combos.  I've mostly refrained from comment for that exact same reason. 

Be proud of your two Warmoths.  I got bit bad.  Thank God the GAS is deflating.

I don't think we every really get fully deflated of GAS....It just kinda lingers around sometimes like a bad mexican diner..... :-\

you know there are musicians in... (where's the latest place where people are starving?) who don't even have guitars. :laughing7:

I hope Obama spreads your wealth around to all of us in the fake America. :hello2:

Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:
I thought you had two guitars like that red one with blade pickups. Do I remember wrong?

3rd from the right.
See that one, but wasn't there another? Twins or something. Except one was older  :tard:

he bought a second body at one time that had the same style paint job - and then returned it.

btw  - isn't the bloodwood one a soloist?

The one I really like is the Korina/Wenge strat. Doc didn't rave about it in this thread, so he can feel free to donate it to me. :laughing8:

Fantastic Family Pic, Doc!
my favorites are the korina strat and the soloist, without a doubt.. but yes they are all very sexy!
looks like you are catching up with Jack and Willy now!!

All I can say is move over Rich Barbera!
(no offense Rich)
(seriously, who is Rich Barbera? RLW? Tonar?)

GoDrex said:
you know there are musicians in... (where's the latest place where people are starving?) who don't even have guitars. :laughing7:

I hope Obama spreads your wealth around to all of us in the fake America. :hello2:

:laughing11:

Justinginn said:
The Korina WGD is inspiring.   :guitaristgif:

Thanks.  If its nothing else, its unique.

GoDrex said:
Max said:
DocNrock said:
Max said:

3rd from the right.

he bought a second body at one time that had the same style paint job - and then returned it.

btw  - isn't the bloodwood one a soloist?

The one I really like is the Korina/Wenge strat. Doc didn't rave about it in this thread, so he can feel free to donate it to me. :laughing8:

Correct, wasn't going to start a "signature series."  And yes, the bloodwood topped guitar is a soloist.  Glad you like the Korina/Wenge strat.  Note I didn't rave about any of them.  I love all my children equally.    :laughing7:

Marko said:
Fantastic Family Pic, Doc!
my favorites are the korina strat and the soloist, without a doubt.. but yes they are all very sexy!
looks like you are catching up with Jack and Willy now!!

All I can say is move over Rich Barbera!
(no offense Rich)
(seriously, who is Rich Barbera? RLW? Tonar?)

Thanks Marko, but I'll never catch up with Jack or Willy.  :icon_thumright:

Opppppps ...... Bumpity Bump  :blob7:

Since Doug keeps hassling me  :laughing7:  here is my Warmoth Family Portrait (So Far  :help: ) ….. with a couple of rig in's  :toothy11:

Back row left to right ….

All Warmoth Strat Blue Burst Quilt Maple on (solid) Mahogany, neck Raw Goncalo Alves /  Pau-Ferro
All Warmoth Strat Bengal Burst Flame Maple on (solid) Alder, neck Vintage Tint Maple / Ziricote
All Warmoth Strat Alpine White, Black Binding on (Chambered) Black Korina, neck Raw Pau-Ferro / Ebony Macassar
All Warmoth Strat GK-3 Red Dye Quilt Maple on (solid) Alder, neck Raw Indian Rosewood / Indian Rosewood
Gibson LP 2007 (chambered) Mahogany

3d8b28fe.jpg

Front row left to right …

Aerodyne Strat basswood (solid) with a Warmoth neck, Maple / Maple, Black Gloss.
All Warmoth Strat Trans Yellow (chambered) Mahogany / Concalo Alves, neck Maple / Canary Vintage Tint Gloss.
All Warmoth Strat Black Dye Quilt Maple on (solid) Alder, neck Raw Pau-Ferro / Ebony
Fender Squire MB-4 Bass (Body ?  :dontknow: ) Black, neck Maple / Rosewood
All Warmoth Tele Tobacco Burst (chambered) Mahogany Double Cream Binding, neck White Korina / Indian Rosewwod / Transparent Brown
All Warmoth Firebird (solid) Mahogany, Clear Gloss Cocobolo, Black pinstriping, neck Mahogany clear gloss / Ebony 

On the floor …

Gibson 2011 SG '61 reissue Mahogany etc.
All Warmoth V (solid) Mahogany, Zebra Top (my finish) neck Maple / Maple Vintage Tint gloss. (Been pulled apart slowly, will sell one day)
4270b840.jpg

I did leave a couple out …… my Mex RR Strat, Takamine Elec / Acoustic, Banjo, Uke.
Plus have a Purple Dye Flame … To Build  :doh:
Not sure  :dontknow:  if I'll build the Alpine White Tele Deluxe thats sitting here …. Probably sell that too some day.

90% of my Warmoth Necks have SS Frets and Graph Tech Nuts, all have Sperzel Lock Tunners.
Can find other close up pic's of all my Warmoth guitars in my builds or finished guitars section !!

So come on all, where the Bloody Hell is your Family Portraits  :icon_biggrin:

Updown  :icon_thumright:

baedb0d4.jpg

Do I need anymore  :icon_scratch: ............................................................................... Of cause I do  :cool01:

Back