Warmoth Dreamblaster

hachikid

so, I've got a new project started...only a few people know the details of it...it's gonna be Daphne Blue, however...all I currently have is the headstock logo. gonna be piecing this one together.

here's a shot of the logo, however. Hannah was kind enough to spend time making it for me! I was pretty detailed about what I wanted, and she was patient enough to go through multiple revisions for me. a big thanks to her for this!

Thanks guys!  A word to anyone trying to do graphics for decals - Adobe Illustrator is MUCH better at this type of thing than Photoshop.  You can do some of the same stuff in Photoshop, but it's much quicker and easier in Illustrator.  It will print a lot smoother from a .ai file as well, no pixelation. 

hannaugh said:
Thanks guys!  A word to anyone trying to do graphics for decals - Adobe Illustrator is MUCH better at this type of thing than Photoshop.  You can do some of the same stuff in Photoshop, but it's much quicker and easier in Illustrator.  It will print a lot smoother from a .ai file as well, no pixelation.

Illustrator or a similar program like Corel Draw, which I've used to make a lot of decals in the past. The vector-based software is vastly better than any photo manipulation program for smooth lines and nice fills.

Parts are all in! I'm getting the pickguard cut and a little bit of routing done, then off to the painter!

Attachments

• 2013-09-03_12-08-26_576.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
If I was Hannaugh, I would approach Warmoth about making something like that available on the website. Not for free....  :evil4: but then I probably wouldn't be Hannaugh anymore.  :sad1:

P.S.! (Hey, Hannaugh, do you have that as an entire alphabet? I mean can you just bang 'em out like, mmmm... bugs having babies? Hmmm... I might be able to USE you, IYKWIM.)  :binkybaby:

oh, it's got humbuckers in it, you say?..... ;)

also, that is a photo of the body after I got it back from my luthier, not after I unboxed it.... ;) ;) ;)

StübHead said:
If I was Hannaugh, I would approach Warmoth about making something like that available on the website. Not for free....  :evil4: but then I probably wouldn't be Hannaugh anymore.  :sad1:

P.S.! (Hey, Hannaugh, do you have that as an entire alphabet? I mean can you just bang 'em out like, mmmm... bugs having babies? Hmmm... I might be able to USE you, IYKWIM.)  :binkybaby:

Yeah, I have those typefaces in the logo installed as fonts.  I can make them pretty easy since creating that file, if it's just a matter of changing the wording.  Just open it up and tweak it here and there and boom, it's done. 

Looks cool, but where's the neck?  No pics?

nope, the painter has it currently. I put pics of the neck up in the "out of the box" section: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22314.msg330864#msg330864

I figure I'll throw this up here.

it's done: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23036.0

Back