Warmoth discontinues Butterscotch Blonde and Mary Kay White

The Aaron said:
J-Bones said:
White Pearl is better than Alpine White anyway. :D

Aaron, could you do an updated YouTube video showing the comparison between Alpine and White Pearl please? I had the alpine in my cart and waited a week too long to order.  Also, does white pearl yellow like Olympic white does?  Thanks!

RbZrRBX.jpg

Overachiever77 said:
Aaron, could you do an updated YouTube video showing the comparison between Alpine and White Pearl please? I had the alpine in my cart and waited a week too long to order.  Also, does white pearl yellow like Olympic white does?  Thanks!

I can't because we no longer have anything Alpine White in the shop.

All paints will yellow some, but it's especially noticeable on the whites, for obvious reasons. The Alpine White Nomad I built for my Scorpions tribute is now yellowing on the back after about 6 years...but it's been through a lot of sweaty gigs.

The Aaron said:
Overachiever77 said:

I can't because we no longer have anything Alpine White in the shop.

All paints will yellow some, but it's especially noticeable on the whites, for obvious reasons. The Alpine White Nomad I built for my Scorpions tribute is now yellowing on the back after about 6 years...but it's been through a lot of sweaty gigs.

Thanks for the reply.  I’d be happy to even see some good pictures of the pearl white or even see it against Olympic white. I’ve been debating to go ahead with a different white or hold out with the hope of the Alpine returning. 

I got no pictures, but the pearl white, in person, is gorgeous.  If you like white.  Google might show you some pics, but because it's pearl and has that sparkly quality you can only appreciate its true beauty in person.  It's like chatoyance in wood, you gotta be there.

Here’s some pictures of a Strat in Alpine White on Reverb
https://reverb.com/item/40798396-fender-stratocaster-warmoth-licensed-alpine-white-stratocaster-2021-alpine-white

Schneidas said:
The Aaron said:
The third color we discontinued was Alpine White.

We don't know if or when they will return. Our hope is that they will, but any dates posited by anyone are purely speculative at this point.
Wow!!
So glad I ordered my custom Strat body in Alpine White in early Dec from you guys and didn't postpone ordering it.
I would have never finished that particular Strat project. So I'm probably one of the final AW orders from you guys!

Me too. Makes the build feel extra special knowing this right?

I agree white pearl is a beautiful color, I like the depth metallic colors have and most times I would choose a metallic over a solid unless I wanted a vintage correct guitar. I was never interested in butterscotch blond because of how common it is in the guitar world. Actually I like the Gibson version (Junior) but not in a Telecaster, I prefer funky colors (red, blue etc) in Fenders.

Mary Kay is a favorite of mine, I hope it will return at some point for the new generations and remember...think outside the box, the Warmoth paint guys showed the way years ago. It's not just for ash.

2oreKoK.jpg

Here's a pic of Alpine (left) and White Pearl (Right) side by side. Admittedly with a cell phone camera, so take it with a grain of salt, etc...

Attachments

• 0104221601.jpg
    0104221601.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 137
Wolff05 said:
Here's a pic of Alpine (left) and White Pearl (Right) side by side. Admittedly with a cell phone camera, so take it with a grain of salt, etc...

Thanks for the pics!  Any idea how the pearl white holds up to yellowing over time?

Translucent blonde is a great color for an old '51 or '54 P-Bass, but I can understand discontinuing instead of letting customer service suffer.  Smart business decision

Bummer but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm into dyes myself so as long as those stick around I'll be okay.

Our finish dept is still absolutely buried for months, BUT....we are gaining ground. Hopefully by year's end we will be caught up. Once that happens we may consider bringing some of these colors back, but definitely not before then.

Back