Wanted: Warmoth bass neck shipping box

rspst14

Perhaps it's a strange request, but I have an old bass neck I'd like to put on Ebay and I can't find a shipping box or tube for it.  I've tried every post office, UPS store, and Fedex Kinkos in the area with no luck.  The box size Warmoth uses can only be bought 25 at a time.  So if anyone has a Warmoth bass neck shipping box that they are just going to throw away, I'd be happy to give you $10 plus shipping costs for it.  Thanks.

I have a guitar neck tube, but it's 4" too short. Have you poked around "art supplies - storage tubes" kind of searches? I found these cheap at Blick:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/alvin-cardboard-mailing-tubes/

That 4" X 37" might do, though the 4" diameter would be a tight squeeze for the headstock - no room for padding. If you have one guitar length tube, you could use another one and tuck the end in together... Looks like 4" schedule 40 PVC pipe is around 5 to 6 dollars a foot (heavy too :sad1:) Lowe's might have that, though the 4" is a bit bigger than the DIY crowd might want. If you have one guitar neck box and you do want to go that route, you can have mine for the shipping cost (it's sitting by the door for me to throw it out :eek: ).

Check with a shipping store. Often times they can make a box. A triangle shaped one would be pretty simple. I think I've seen one at the the USPS place as a priority mailer.

Dammit, I usually save all shipping boxes for future use, but now I can't find my two Warmoth boxes. I must have figured I would never ship anything requiring a box of such dimensions and trashed them.  :sad:

I have a triangle box for guitar necks, if anyone wants that.

PM sent, thanks guys. 

I did have the UPS store try to make one out of two separate boxes, they didn't have anything narrow enough to work.  I would've had to use a ridiculous amount of packing material.

Back