Want your guitar to be famous?

I have my Bari-Tele with the buckskin application.
It all started by Ken Warmoth walking up to my desk one day when I worked there 2008-2009 and handed me the neck to inspire a project.  This guitar is very special to me because of that memory, especially now that Ken is no longer with us, R.I.P.

DangerousR6 said:
What about ones that Warmoth no longer offers.... :dontknow:
41242455932_107353c507_z.jpg

Nope, has to be current offerings.

docteurseb said:
Sure I'll play along with couple unique designs that don't piss off Fender/Gibson:

oP9a22R.jpg

LHszfUh.jpg

7k7r5ys.jpg

nusuJAR.jpg

EkR3ts8.jpg

vq1DrOh.jpg

S4VhQQs.jpg

J9mY3UV.jpg

WcNuHEx.jpg

UYmBWfz.jpg

6z7LCzA.jpg

And if you guys hurry up rebuilding my neck I might even have time to complete this :p :
BxqbLXH.jpg

lalDqkH.jpg

6rXq4wP.jpg

Some of these could certainly work. The VIP and the first Soloist would be great! Got print quality files you could send?

ORCRiST said:
The Aaron said:
I am doing a series of magazine ads this year that will feature full builds, and I'm looking people who have a guitar they would be willing to feature. No compensation, no nothing except the thrill of potentially seeing your guitar in the pages of Premier Guitar.

Specifically, I am looking for:
  • Both neck and body need to have been made from Warmoth parts. Even a body or neck blank qualifies.
  • No Strat or Tele-style bodies, unless there is something really unique or cool about it.
  • No Fender-trademarked headstocks.
  • The more interesting or "out there" the better.
  • You can supply a well-lit, print-quality photo, straight on from the front, that can be removed from the background.
Any takers?

Awwwww. You had me right up until the 3rd bullet point. I suppose we musn't make the Fender Custom Shop nervous...

As far as an interesting story: I even had the artwork I created for my guitar stolen by the Royal Airforce Museum in England!

O8aYzCM.jpg

Whn3KTh.jpg

A-Z build thread: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12723.0

-ORCRiST

This is one of my all-time fav's, but I wouldn't have been able to use to use it.

It would have meant getting to meet the only members of the Iron Maiden team that I never want to meet.

Steve_Karl said:

Is that nylon strings? I like this. Again....need print quality, well lit, straight-on front shots. Got any?

Steve St.Laurent said:
How about something completely different?  I started with a Warmoth body blank and paddle headstock.  Already have a bunch written up on it already with lots of pics along the way, etc.  I also have a green screen that I can shoot against.

index.php

Hmm....this might be a little too outside.

I considered submitting my Jazzmaster build until I realised I don’t have any really high quality photos. Can’t get any in a hurry either as it’s grim weather where I am, so dark and dull - hardly the flattering lighting needed to make it shine...  :doh:

BroccoliRob said:
Yo, the "docteur" in! he's pretty much the only guy who actually met all of AA's criteria lol
Yeah well... At least my cat is better looking than his.

The Aaron said:
docteurseb said:
Sure I'll play along with couple unique designs that don't piss off Fender/Gibson:

oP9a22R.jpg

LHszfUh.jpg

7k7r5ys.jpg

nusuJAR.jpg

EkR3ts8.jpg

vq1DrOh.jpg

S4VhQQs.jpg

J9mY3UV.jpg

WcNuHEx.jpg

UYmBWfz.jpg

6z7LCzA.jpg

And if you guys hurry up rebuilding my neck I might even have time to complete this :p :
BxqbLXH.jpg

lalDqkH.jpg

6rXq4wP.jpg

Some of these could certainly work. The VIP and the first Soloist would be great! Got print quality files you could send?

Yes, I can generate the full resolution ones and PM you once ready.

The Aaron said:
I am doing a series of magazine ads this year that will feature full builds, and I'm looking people who have a guitar they would be willing to feature. No compensation, no nothing except the thrill of potentially seeing your guitar in the pages of Premier Guitar.

Specifically, I am looking for:
  • Both neck and body need to have been made from Warmoth parts. Even a body or neck blank qualifies.
  • No Strat or Tele-style bodies, unless there is something really unique or cool about it.
  • No Fender-trademarked headstocks.
  • The more interesting or "out there" the better.
  • You can supply a well-lit, print-quality photo, straight on from the front, that can be removed from the background.
Any takers?

Email sent (via the UWF email messaging option).
I you need them in a less processed form (flatter color/tone curves) I can share those as well. Thanks!

Seems like some of Fat Pete's creations would also qualify.

You there, FP?

Whatever be ye speaking of? Yeah, definitely Pete you need to toss up some offerings.I even flipped these right side up for ya.

s5OqXAn.jpg

PfOIkmp.jpg

Cb9eZ17.jpg

I'd bet dollars to donuts the Great Ape has something worth submitting. He may favor the strat headstock...

Also, aguyinaustintx's carved-top koa.

Yes. He is one of the Greg's I spoke of. (The other being Tonar)

Back