Walnut Jazz Bass

ghotiphry

Shipping notice received! Friday delivery scheduled. Showcase pic:

SrgaHQ3l.jpg

She was a screaming deal, albeit only slightly discounted. There's a paint blemish on the edge behind the bridge. Sounds like it was probably a custom job, dinged, and rejected. Well, I'm okay with that. From humble beginnings and all that...

No idea what I'm going to do with her yet. I've got a pau ferro neck that isn't spoken for that might work, might be too much brown. (Wish I had a dark rosewood piece. Showcase, I'm watching you...) Have to see how it works. I see black hardware, but then who doesn't. This also might be a job for gold?

Shipping notice received! Friday delivery scheduled. Showcase pic:

SrgaHQ3l.jpg

She was a screaming deal, albeit only slightly discounted. There's a paint blemish on the edge behind the bridge. Sounds like it was probably a custom job, dinged, and rejected. Well, I'm okay with that. From humble beginnings and all that...

No idea what I'm going to do with her yet. I've got a pau ferro neck that isn't spoken for that might work, might be too much brown. (Wish I had a dark rosewood piece. Showcase, I'm watching you...) Have to see how it works. I see black hardware, but then who doesn't. This also might be a job for gold?
Very nice!

That is stunning!

I helped a friend do a Carvin 5 bass about a decade ago with a walnut body and walnut neck. We did a simple True Oil finish on the body over the course of about a month and a half, and many years later it still looks stunning!

Well, I tried out the pau ferro, and it just didn't look right to me. It was too monochromatic. I do like the way the all-maple looks and toyed around with that for a bit (thanks Triple Jim.) However, I think Warmoth made the neck for ol' No.9. Wenge and Indian rosewood. Yummy. And just what I had in mind. I like the fact it has no face inlays.

pM4YqXxl.jpg

Also ordered the last bits, including the pickups. Going with classic Lindy Fralins.

Back