VOTE HERE: 2016 Guitar of the Year

Which instrument should be the 2016 Guitar of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

Another year of Guitar of the Month competitions has passed. Many thanks to everyone who has subjected their awesome instruments to the scrutiny of the forum! Thanks also to everyone who voted.

The guitars below are all deserving winners but it's now time to decide which should be crowned UNOFFICIAL WARMOTH GUITAR OF THE YEAR 2016!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post replies that show additional photos of the entrant's guitars but links to other UnofficialWarmoth threads or external sites are fine.

You have 7 days to decide on your favorite and cast your vote. Best of luck to all!

March - Glimmer

Body
Chambered Jazzmaster
Black Korina on Black Korina
Natural Masked Accent Binding
Tobacco Burst (Warmoth finish)

Neck
Vintage / Modern Construction
Macassar Ebony on Unfinished Goncalo Alves
1-11/16 Nut Width
SRV Profile
Straight 9.5" Radius
6150 Fret Wire
Schaller Mini Locking Tuners
Unbleached Bone Nut

Curtis Novak pickups (JM-V neck, JM-FAT bridge)
Traditional Jazzmaster Rhythm Circuit & Electronics

Mastery Bridge and Vibrato

E0S6tgU.jpg

Uy83aC0.jpg

April - vetteman

Resonator Telecaster constructed from an unfinished Warmoth Mahogany body with only a Strat neck pocket and neck pickup rout.  A large hole was then routed into the body to house the 9 1/2" Continental resonator cone, and covered with a National chrome cover.  The short tailpiece came from Republic guitars and a Lace Sensor Silver pickup is mounted in the Bakelite pickguard.  The pickup is wired directly to the output jack with a resistor and a capacitor to approximate a not quite maxed tone setting.  The finish is Tru-Oil over a custom blend red stain.  The neck is an unfinished Warmoth Indian Rosewood Vintage Modern compound radius with vintage tuners, 6105  stainless steel frets and mother of pearl dot inlays.

iYXC0kb.jpg

CpDyFO9.jpg

May - Guitarsan

Body Style: Warmoth Telecaster
Wood: Solid Mahogany
Laminate: Spalt Maple
Contours: Heel & Tummy Cut
Binding: Cream
Top Finish: Brown to Clear Burst
Back Finish: Transparent Brown

Neck Style: Warmoth Tele Vintage/Modern
Wood: Flame Maple
Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ XL
Neck Profile: Standard thin
Frets: SS6150 (Stainless)
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Inlay: Mother Of Pearl Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots
Finish: Clear Gloss

Components:
Tuners: Fender staggered height locking
Neck Pickup: Dimarzio Area-T Modern
Bridge Pickup: JBE (Joe Barden) Modern T-Style Split Rail
Bridge: Babicz Full Contact FCH Tele
Strap Buttons: Dunlop Straplok
Neck Plate: Custom Shop Designed
Decal: Old Fret

2GKf9f4.jpg

6BGGm2I.jpg

June - Great Ape

Body: Basswood, woodburned ''barnwood'', aniline dyes & markers
Neck: Macassar Ebony on Maple
Gotoh Hardware
Seymour Duncan Li'l '59 & Antiquity pickups

xVsFEnJ.jpg

Omjtb6j.jpg

July - henry410

"Tevecaster":

Neck:
Fender american standard tele neck. sorry :(

Body:
Warmoth carved top with f-hole, swamp ash top and white korina back, honey burst front, clear back.
Gotoh 510 wrap-around bridge
TV Jones T-series pickups, direct mount on wood.
concentric tone+volume, tone is inner and black, volume is outer and chrome to go with the pickups!

(Inspired by Bill Frisell’s custom tele with dynasonics.)

GiHuOBL.png

K3M1Lwd.png

August - Kuro Uma

Body is figured black korina\UC flamed roasted maple
Bare Knuckle Black Hawk and Cobra
Graphtech Ghost loaded Floyd Rose
Ebony knobs and all black hardware
Custom neck heel and recessed bolting
5MW girlie tattoo...

Flamed roasted neck and fretboard. angled paddle head cut to custom headstock design
Heel shaped to match the custom neck pocket
Hipshot tuners
Black block inlays and binding

All black hardware

g7fE8PT.jpg

Qv1iY3P.jpg

September - Cagey

Blue Ice carved top Telecaster

Body
Maple over Black Korina w/ Blue Ice finish and cream binding (Warmoth)
Dream 180 humbucking pickups (GFS)
"Vintage Strat" vibrato w/ roller saddles (Schaller)

Neck
Black Ebony over curly Maple w/ cream binding and clear nitro finish (Warmoth)
Schaller M6 locking tuners
Tusq nut (Graphtech)
Stainless 6100 frets (Jescar)
Threaded neck heel inserts & stainless machine screws

oQwf0z7.jpg

Gb1rF3u.jpg

October - DMRACO

Body
Warmoth LPS.  Black Korina with Maple carved top
Finish by dmraco

Neck
Warmoth AFRA with pau ferro fretboard, cream markers
Standard thin
Custom Cut headstock
Gold frets and Black MOP inlay

Hardware
Sperzel tuners
Gotoh 510 bridge
DiMarzio Breed Bridge/DiMarzio Evolution Neck

7eXNUZM.jpg

Cga1xjK.jpg

November - Michaelc24

4-string Precision bass build (finish, hardware all from warmoth)
Premium Quilt Maple top (washed blue dye stain/gloss) cream binding
Maple body (natural gloss)
Roasted maple neck/fingerboard w/ gold 6150 frets & tusq xl nut
All gold hardware:
Gotoh 201
Schaller tuners
EMG PAX pickups
Bridge & pickup covers
Custom made maple/rosewood/gold knobs
NYXL strings
Custom shop inspired neckplate/decals

ZMXIeZo.jpg

l01Efr6.jpg

December - rambleon

NECK:
Warmoth vintage/ modern maple neck with rosewood fretboard, cream markers. Clear satin finish.
9.5" radius with 1 11/16" wide nut.
Schaller staggered locking tuners, matte finish.

BODY:
Warmoth custom routed body with white binding.
Finish at top - Matte camouflage green acrylic spray paint with a couple of matte acrylic clear coats.
Finish at back and sides - Mahogany gel stain with a couple of matte acrylic clear coats.
Parchment 3 ply pickguard.
TV Jones Power'tron and Power'tron Plus.
Callaham bridge with intonated brass saddles.
Bigsby B-50

nZxGfDD.jpg

OmRod3B.jpg

Can you imagine walking into a music store and seeing not only this group, but all the guitars that have been submitted this year hanging on the wall for sale?

6 out 10 are tele's. That's something considering they offer so many cool shapes. Good luck and happy new year!
                                        :band:
                                          :turtle:
                        :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:
                              :eek:ccasion14:                                        :glasses9:

It is nice to see them all together!

And I would definitely be impressed were I too see them on the wall in a local guitar shop.

The decision isn't easy but it seldom is. Each is a winner already. I'd happily have any one for my own. Now, which to vote for is the question.

Nary a Strat in the pool.  Inneresting.  Voting was easy for me, but then, I know what I like.  This time, anyway.

If the contest was for best photograph of a guitar, this would be easy for me. As it isn't, I'm torn between two, with literally all the others close behind. Spectacular line-up this year.

All of these are winners in my book....so many unique choices and I love the fact that Warmoth allows us to show off the balance between our creativity, and their expert craftsmanship & options....What  a great company, can't wait for my next build!

Congratulations to all the winners shown here, truly excellent work! My vote's in, time to start planning the next build.

:icon_jokercolor:

I have a clear favourite of these but damned if I don't want every single one of them in my collection.

Cagey said:
Can you imagine walking into a music store and seeing not only this group, but all the guitars that have been submitted this year hanging on the wall for sale?
They would probably be sold in a heartbeat and I would never get a chance to see them! The horrors!

hchoe741 said:
Cagey said:
They would probably be sold in a heartbeat and I would never get a chance to see them! The horrors!
Sad/dumb thing is, they probably wouldn't - not for sensible prices anyway - because they don't have the 'right' things written on the headstocks. (edit: ok, a couple do, but let's not go down that path.)

Bagman67 said:
Nary a Strat in the pool.  Inneresting.  Voting was easy for me, but then, I know what I like.  This time, anyway.
Except Great Ape!

I think 2016 was the year of the TELE for Warmoth.  I feel really out of place with my entree of a discontinued model.  Damn you G!BS0N!

Back