Vintage tint Tele

exaN

Hey guys, got the Tele build all put together and it's a beauty! I love how the chambered body makes the guitar resonate so much you can play it unplugged and hear every note. Really happy with how it turned out! The pickup combo sounds great in it. I am having some issues with the electronics where I can still hear sound even when the volume is all the way down if I move around the volume knob a bit, any idea what could cause this?

Neck:
-Maple/maple (slight birdseye)
-Vintage tint finish
-Modern construction
-Compound radius
-Standard thin
-Graph Tech nut
-Gotoh tuners
-22 SS6150 frets

Body:
-Quilt maple on ash
-Chambered
-All 3 contours
-Vintage tint finish
-DiMarzio Chopper T bridge, DiMarzio Twang King neck
-Volume + tone
-Gotoh bridge

JZHaoG6.jpg

pF2rB1t.jpg

HaQ9Oec.jpg

Wow! That's really sharp! Congrats on the new baby! Don't let it stay up too late or it'll be grumpy in the morning.

Intermittent sound when fiddling with the volume knob could be a defective pot, or the ground side of the pot isn't really grounded solid.

Cagey said:
Wow! That's really sharp! Congrats on the new baby! Don't let it stay up too late or it'll be grumpy in the morning.

Intermittent sound when fiddling with the volume knob could be a defective pot, or the ground side of the pot isn't really grounded solid.

Thanks! I'll check under the hood when I'm not too busy playing it :icon_biggrin: . Since I did the electronics this time, it's probably not the pot's fault...

Could be the pot. Soldering to their backs has been known to make them flakey, if it doesn't destroy them altogether. Not all pots are of the same quality, and some of them are real junk. Then, very few are as sturdy as the parts they used to use back when they decided it was ok to overheat the piss out them by soldering wires and components to them.

That tele body is just awesome.  After you posted the initial pictures I've been browsing the Warmoth site looking for a duplicate, even though I have no need and really don't even want another guitar.  This is clearly all your fault as I simply can't help myself.  It would be like passing up a date with Jane Seymour, it just ain't gonna happen.  My wife hates you. 

:glasses10:

That is a REALLY good looking Tele! I wouldn't have guessed that a vintage tint maple body would be something that striking, that is really sharp.

That's really beautiful. All Teles should aspire to look that good. :icon_thumright:

That is one gorgeous, clean, classic Tele.  It almost looks like it could be made from a single piece of wood.  :icon_thumright:

Sovereign_13 said:
That is one gorgeous, clean, classic Tele.  It almost looks like it could be made from a single piece of wood.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks! I took a chance and hoped that both the body and neck would match and it paid off!

clbraddock said:
That is gorgeous! Is the body satin or gloss? Looks gloss, but just curious.

exaN has not been active on the forum since last May, but it is gloss.

Back