Vintage Strat Bridge With Narrow Spacing?

Kais

Hey all, I purchased a vintage '62 vintage Strat hard tail bridge to go with my Warmoth build and it has the True vintage 2-7/32" E to E saddle spacing. It is Item # 003-7592-000, Base plate dimensions: 2.875" x 1.505". Is there any bridge that will fit my Strat but has the narrower Strat spacing 2-1/16"? Need it be hardtail and string through as well.

What is your screw spacing? Totally different than string spacing.
This may do it.
https://www.callahamguitars.com/strat_bridge_amstdhardtail_catalog.htm

The Callaham, Narrow spacing Vintage bridge will work. The reverse Stratocaster in my signature at the moment has one.

Is the body drilled for the wider strings spacing?

Unlike a trem, were Callaham swaps out the saddles, bridge plate and sustain block, with a hardtail, you are (kind of) locked in by the string spacing set by the string-through holes in the body.

Not much call to make a custom-spaced hardtail bridge unless the body was custom drilled as well.

DuckBaloo said:
Is the body drilled for the wider strings spacing?

Unlike a trem, were Callaham swaps out the saddles, bridge plate and sustain block, with a hardtail, you are (kind of) locked in by the string spacing set by the string-through holes in the body.

Not much call to make a custom-spaced hardtail bridge unless the body was custom drilled as well.

Good call with it being a hardtail.

If I recall correctly hardtail bodies in the showcase that were drilled for the vintage mount had an option to be redrilled for the narrow spaced Strat flatmount. (I can not find a body in the showcase to check this at the moment)

But the information at https://warmoth.com/guitar-bridge-routs under bridge routs mentions this.

The mounting holes are identical to the Vintage-Style Strat®/American Standard Strat® flat mount bridge, but the string through holes are drilled larger.

So if the OP has the body still on order Warmoth can probably redrill, or if he has the body already and has access to a drill press the holes could be redrilled to a larger diameter. Here are the diagrams from the above linked page.

bridge-rout-vintage-strat-diagram.png

bridge-rout-narrow-strat-diagram.png

By the way can others reach Callahams website? I can not reach it from here the last few days.

Back