Velocity Guitar Case

If it's anything like th old VW, it should fit well in a variety of cases. The one I have for my VW is an SKB case...

I know there are a variety of rectangle cases it'll fit into, but I was wondering about something a little more form-fitting, like you can get for some of the more traditional body styles. For instance, will it sit snug in a Tele case, or will it be banging around? Some of the "general purpose" cases can have your guitar bouncing around inside like a BB in a boxcar.

Bagman67 said:
Did you pick up that candy apple red number, cagey?

Not yet. I'm still agonizing. I love that finish and style, and I have a great neck and some fantastic pickups for it, but I really have an urge to try a set of Micro-Coils from Bill Lawrence rather than the set of L500XCs I have on hand. There's a nice yellow-brown-black carved top that's not routed for anything yet that's winking at me...

CTVP90A.jpg

Boy that sunburst looks nice. If I stumble across any potential cases next week when I have some time off and will be running around on some music errands I'll pm you.

In LOVE with this (but with TOM/STP)..

Cagey said:
Bagman67 said:
Did you pick up that candy apple red number, cagey?

Not yet. I'm still agonizing. I love that finish and style, and I have a great neck and some fantastic pickups for it, but I really have an urge to try a set of Micro-Coils from Bill Lawrence rather than the set of L500XCs I have on hand. There's a nice yellow-brown-black carved top that's not routed for anything yet that's winking at me...

Which? I already ordered the yellow-brown burst carved top, but there's one left. Also, the candy apple red one is still there.

Cagey said:
Which? I already ordered the yellow-brown burst carved top, but there's one left. Also, the candy apple red one is still there.

Just pullin' your leg, its not my cup o' tea to say the least.

Congrats on your purchase though, I look forward to seeing completed pics. Maybe you'll finally use those springs...?

:icon_thumright:

Funny you should mention those springs. I was just looking at the fixture/gauge I spent all that time/money on the other day. It's sitting in the closet just rotting and I thought I should whip that thing out and do those tests. I've got a Strat build in the house right now that would make a good guinea pig.

Yup! Found out an SKB-66PRO fits the thing pretty snug. Nice, sturdy case that doesn't weigh a ton and will take a lotta abuse. Originally designed as a Strat/Tele case, so that probably means many form-fitting Strat/Tele cases would work.

SKB%2066PRO.jpg

Hehe! Ain't that always the way? Don't need something 'til you get rid of it.

Fits really well, though. For the money/quality, I wouldn't look too much farther.

Oh! Good! I misread the first post, thinking you'd sold the one you had  :icon_biggrin:

I'm always surprised when people buy guitars without cases. I recently sold my Tiger Strat for a surprising amount of money and intended to give the guy the flight case I was keeping it in, and he said he didn't want it! A flight case! Hell, if you didn't like such things, you can always sell them. Especially something that fit a guitar as common as a Strat. He probably thought it was gonna be an adder. Of course, I didn't argue with the guy  :icon_biggrin:

Back