Valley Arts body edge radius

MikeAlbaugh

Hey Guys,

Great site, been lurking for a while and really like what I've seen and read. I do have a question...

I've always loved VALLEY ARTS guitars, and I know that Warmoth was responsible for the necks and bodies. My question is regarding the edge radius of the bodies. It looks like on the Custom Pro guitar bodies http://www.valleyarts.com/va0465_3.htm that the edge radius on the rear routed bodies was much more rounded over than standard. Maybe its just the view of the awesome rear routed quilt maple body, but it sure looks like there is more radius on those bodies.

I looked about the Warmoth site, but I didn't see any options for different body edge radius. Did I miss it somewhere? Is this a custom order option?

Am I just seeing things?

Help me out guys. Thanks

I don't know about the possibility of different edge radii, but it looks to be about the same as my MIM Strat.  It's probably the lighting angle.

Thanks guys,

it's probably a combination of the lighting and the way the eye looks at the guitar body being rear routed.  Thanks

Edge radius used to be a custom option for Warmoth bodies.  I guess they can still accommodate such request if you ask them on unfinished bodies. 

Here is a page from their printed catalogue during the 90s :-

WarmothEdgeRadius.jpg

According to my old notes, they are the same edge radius as our standard bodies.

Back