Partscaster Help

Britishbacon

Hey guys! I got a partscaster about a week ago and I just took it all apart... My word what a deal. Warmoth neck, van zandt pickups in the middle and neck, duncan distortion in the bridge, American fender bridge, gotoh tuners. Wiring looks good too. Here's my question for you. Can anyone tell me if my warmoth neck had compound radius or not? Pretty sure it's a fatback. Or what to make of the stamp? Also, was told the body was fender. After removing the pickguard and a LOT of shielding, it looks like the HB was routed later and the body is mahogany. Any way to ID that? My buddy thinks it could be musikraft or USACG. Don't want to rule out warmoth either but not sure if they stamp their bodies too. I've provided some pictures and would love for people to weigh in! Thanks guys!

Warmoth bodies are stamped in the neck pocket.

Post a picture of the heel of the neck so we can see what may be stamped on it.
If your photo is too large, you need to reduce the resolution or post it somewhere that does photo hosting and embed the image using a link in Insert Image (CTRL+P) of the post.

Last edited:
Here we go! Tried to get everything you guys would need. Neck has the classic warmoth stamp. Any idea what the hand written numbers indicate? I'm assuming one is the date. Others maybe radius and such? Body is a weird one.. I can't tell if the writing on the neck pocket is bleeding over from the neck or not, but I wouldn't expect pen to bleed over that well. Let me know what you guys think!

-"Warmoth radius" is the older way of saying that it's a compound 10-16" radius fretboard
-It has stainless steel 6115 frets
-1.636 might be the nut width? That would be on the narrow side

The body I suspect is not from Warmoth since there is no stamp in the neck pocket.

That humbucker pickup route looks like it was done after the fact as it's unfinished and theres router burn

Last edited:
Okay awesome, but would Warmoth stamp "Warmoth Radius" on the neck no matter what? Or only if it indeed had the compound radius? When I was setting it up I meant to use my radius gauges to see and totally forgot.

Okay awesome, but would Warmoth stamp "Warmoth Radius" on the neck no matter what? Or only if it indeed had the compound radius? When I was setting it up I meant to use my radius gauges to see and totally forgot.
Just for the 10-16" compound as far as I know. If you have radius gauges definitely check it out!

You guys have any insight for sitting string height for a compound radius? I've heard people say to pretend that the radius "keeps going" and set it for like 17" or whatever at the saddles.

You guys have any insight for sitting string height for a compound radius? I've heard people say to pretend that the radius "keeps going" and set it for like 17" or whatever at the saddles.

It will end up about 18" at the saddles. Just adjust the action to your liking height wise across the strings and the radius will tend to take care of itself.

To get images to show from imgbb use the BBCode provided and just post it direct into the thread.

Here is an example it looks like this.

Code:
[URL='https://ibb.co/MkHsG1R'][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/XxPb35z/20240301-194525.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And results in the image showing up.

No need to set the radius with a bridge like that (individually adjustable string saddles). Just set your string height like you normally would on a straight radius neck. The radius method is handy for bridges that do not have individually adjustable saddles (like a Floyd Rose).

Back