UPS quantum view!!!

ventolino

Hi, just received mail from UPS, should receive friday  :headbang: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
I'll post pics soon  :party07:

Uhhhh! Sweet!
Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics!  :icon_biggrin:

I'm pretty sure I got the last carved top VW, at least the last unfinished one from the showcase, for $139. I still can't believe it.  :headbang1:

NonsenseTele said:
Uhhhh! Sweet!
Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics!  :icon_biggrin:

Certainly, as soon as i'll receive.  :laughing7:
Just made an UPS check and says now it's here in Italy, i can't wait 

guitlouie said:
Ordered VW carved top body

I'm thinking that you probably got one of the last ones!

Yep, and now i'm very happy i made my order in time before they discontinued.  :cool01:

jackthehack said:
If I remember correctly he custom ordered a carve top just before they discontinued them

Jack, you're not a man, you're a database LOL

ildar said:
I'm pretty sure I got the last carved top VW, at least the last unfinished one from the showcase, for $139. I still can't believe it.  :headbang1:

No comment  :laughing7:

What woods did you get? Any plans for your electronics?
I'm really indecisive about a neck for mine, can't decide on woods or scale length.

ildar said:
What woods did you get? Any plans for your electronics?
I'm really indecisive about a neck for mine, can't decide on woods or scale length.

All is planned since 3 months, and that's why i'm so excited!
What i wanted was a little LP so i went for mahogany/maple body and all rosewood neck 24-3/4 scale.
For electronics i bought these http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2364.0 from VVG, they're great pickups, tried them on my Gibson LP and liked a lot.
Also i planned to make coil tap for either pickups with one push-push pot and pickup out of phase with another p-p pot, so i'll have a total of 8 different sounds.
Now it's time to test all my thoughts  :headbang1:

My VW will be my second one (sold the 1st, never should have, but oh well). I was always struck by the similarity to an LP, especially in carved top version.
Keep us up to speed on your build, would love to see pics.

:sad1:
Haven't received my parts yesterday because i found custom needed my personal fiscal code to let shipping continue, too bad!
So, again, i have to wait some more.
I'll post pics when it'll arrive, just don't want to say when, this time.
:rock-on:

Back