Two Headless Builds

Yes, they will both be active and include piezo preamps. Differential amps for magnetic pickups, active blend controls, and mine will have a 3-way mini switch for three distinct acoustic tones.

That looks good so far. On the roasted maple I personally have not used a neck made of it it but it will have been sent with an oil based sealer on it more than likely. See bottom of page linked.

Probably if you do a fine sanding towards 1000 grit across the neck and possibly a light wipe with boiled linseed oil it will all look the same after that.

https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/NeckFinish.aspx

swipesy said:
Yes, they will both be active and include piezo preamps. Differential amps for magnetic pickups, active blend controls, and mine will have a 3-way mini switch for three distinct acoustic tones.

So I guess that's a yes then  :)  Very curious to see the schematics for those if you are inclined to share.

Mayfly said:
Very curious to see the schematics for those if you are inclined to share.
Sure, it's not a secret or anything. I create and breadboard them for tweaking first. Once the final is done I'll post it.

Each guitar will be slightly different but will use the same PCB. Any differences will be done off-board. In my nephew's case he wants a tone switch offering no tone cut, 50% cut and full cut while I won't have any tone control (don't use one). His, also, has a hum and two singles and he's opting for a 3-way toggle and mini-switch for the singles with a blend between the hum and singles. A little different, perhaps, but he'll have a ton of tone options with that setup.

Well, sorry to say, life intervened and unfortunately I haven't put a lick more of work in them to this point. Still on the table though along with two other builds ...

One of which is an exquisite (Warmoth-finished) purple quilt/5A birdseye neck Musiclander build. I'll probably finish that one first, when I can even get to that one. Pretty much the same electronics will go into that and will include Duncan P-Rails and Triple Shot rings.

Back