Tuners to help with weight distribution.

JSG

I'm building a guitar with a musiclander body (black korina) and a birdseye maple Warmoth neck.  I've read where someone else has built the same guitar, only with padouk for both body and neck. He claims it's real top heavy, so I'm trying to help avoid that every way I can think of.  Besides the obvious positioning of strap buttons, I'm wondering what else I can do to help with this problem.  I've replaced stock tuners on an older guitar with Sperzels before and it seemed like they were much heavier.  So I'm wondering what tuners I should get with this one.  It would need to be something Warmoth will predrill the tuner holes for.  Locking tuners aren't necessary since I will have a Floyd with a locking nut.  Any suggestions?

SG38s.  They are smooth acting, easy to fit, reasonably light and not expensive. :icon_thumright:

Cool.  Thanks guys.  Mr. Willy K, I'm just about ready to order.  I get paid on the 31st.  I should be able to get both the body and neck. 

JSG said:
Cool.  Thanks guys.  Mr. Willy K, I'm just about ready to order.  I get paid on the 31st.  I should be able to get both the body and neck.   

And a very Happy New Year to all our readers :eek:ccasion14:

Back