Trapeze tailpiece

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Check it out, got a trapeze tailpiece from a 1962 Kay Swingmaster. Gonna use it on a special project I have planned..... :cool01:

And for all you smart asses, yes you are not seeing things, IT'S NOT A FLOYD...... :icon_biggrin:

Tailpiece2.jpg

I am jealous!!!  That is a really cool tailpiece.  :headbang:
So, how are you going to mod that into a Floyd?

bbl4ck said:
I am jealous!!!  That is a really cool tailpiece.   :headbang:
No, not modding into a Floyd, got something very cool in mind..... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
bbl4ck said:
I am jealous!!!  That is a really cool tailpiece.   :headbang:
No, not modding into a Floyd, got something very cool in mind..... :laughing7:

Can't wait to see.  :glasses9:  Let's be posting some pics when you start! :hello2:

Some people see an old spare part....you see a project waiting to happen.  This has potential.  :evil4:

interesting... tell us more!!
I think you will be putting it on a double f-holed hollow VIP!

O.K. so I'm gonna let the cat outta the bag, I was waiting until I got the cad drawing right..... :hello2:

Billy_bocad2.jpg

It's a copy of "Billy Bo" Billy Gibbon's Gretsch given to him by Bo Didley... :icon_biggrin:

very interesting! will you be using fancy/exotic woods? is KNE making it for you again?

Markoooooo said:
very interesting! will you be using fancy/exotic woods? is KNE making it for you again?
Not sure yet on exactly what I want to use wood wise. May just do a solid mahogany with a red stain. Not sure who I'll have make it, depends on my final wood choice.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
Not sure yet on exactly what I want to use wood wise. May just do a solid mahogany with a red stain. Not sure who I'll have make it, depends on my final wood choice.... :icon_biggrin:
Sounds pretty good.  The body looks a smaller form factor, so it might come in a little on the light side.  How well does purpleheart stain or paint?

Back