Trapeze tailpiece

This is Billy's, Imma try to stay as close as I can get. It's actually got a chambered mahogany body with a maple lam top. But this is why I may do the mahogany with a red dye or stain... :dontknow:
Gre_2410508815.jpg

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
very interesting! will you be using fancy/exotic woods? is KNE making it for you again?
Not sure yet on exactly what I want to use wood wise. May just do a solid mahogany with a red stain. Not sure who I'll have make it, depends on my final wood choice.... :icon_biggrin:
Sounds pretty good.  The body looks a smaller form factor, so it might come in a little on the light side.  How well does purpleheart stain or paint?
It's not as small as it looks, the body itself is over 20" long. Total length is 42.5".  Purple heart could be a good choice, wouldn't have to finish it, just maybe a light satin clear... :dontknow:

DocNrock said:
Now that's cool!
:icon_biggrin:, you think my choice of headstock fits? I didn't really want to use the Gibby style, so I thought the W style would fit better.... :dontknow:

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
very interesting! will you be using fancy/exotic woods? is KNE making it for you again?
Not sure yet on exactly what I want to use wood wise. May just do a solid mahogany with a red stain. Not sure who I'll have make it, depends on my final wood choice.... :icon_biggrin:
Sounds pretty good.  The body looks a smaller form factor, so it might come in a little on the light side.  How well does purpleheart stain or paint?
Thanks Dan for that keen idea of purpleheart, did some photochoppin', and purpleheart looks like a winner...... :icon_thumright:

You know you're a Warmoth addict when you build a guitar around a tailpiece!

That is sweeeet Doug :glasses9:
I really love that Purpleheart!  Are ya gonna try to match that headstock with the same Purpleheart?
:rock-on:

DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
Thanks Dan for that keen idea of purpleheart, did some photochoppin', and purpleheart looks like a winner...... :icon_thumright:
Glad I could help.  The mockup looks killer!  :headbang1:

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:
:icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:

Great project there Dangerous.
One suggestion though: flat top and double binding would make it look real class. Are Warmoth making the body custom for you or are you buying the body blank and shaping it yourself?

OzziePete said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:

Great project there Dangerous.
One suggestion though: flat top and double binding would make it look real class. Are Warmoth making the body custom for you or are you buying the body blank and shaping it yourself?
Thanx man, double binding would look badass. I may have KNE guitars make it, from info that I've gathered Warmoth will only  do custom bodies from full scale paper drawings. And I only have the cad drawing with no way to print out a full scale drawing. :dontknow:

DocNrock said:
That's gonna be cool, Doug.  :icon_thumright:
:laughing7:, kinda big departure from what I would normally do. But I think it will be pretty awesome.... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
That's gonna be cool, Doug.  :icon_thumright:
:laughing7:, kinda big departure from what I would normally do. But I think it will be pretty awesome.... :icon_thumright:
That's the best part though, it's a whole different avenue to explore.  If you guys don't cut it out I'll have to build something pointy with a Floyd.  :laughing7:

Back