Tiger's eye strat w/ Cs 69 pups

RNW

Here it is, my second warmoth creation. Really pleased with the outcome. The original plan was to install 2 push/push pots but I opted for standard wiring after seeing how loose/cheap feeling the push pots were. Let me know what you guys think. Here are the specs:

-Flame maple on tigerseye with clear brown back finish.
-Birdseye maple neck, pau ferro fretboard with '59 roundback contour, 6150 frets.
-Fender custom shop AY '69 pickups
-Wilkinson Vs100 tremolo in chrome
-Schaller mini locking tuners in chrome
-Cts 250k pots
-Black 3-ply pickguard
-Also bought pickup covers, knobs and switch in black, cream and parchment. I couldnt decide on color scheme I wanted at the time, pretty happy with what I went with.

The pics:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 573
  • image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 545
That's a very nice guitar! Well done!

I know what you mean about the push-pull pots. They not only feel flimsy, they are, and are a frequent maintenance item. I don't use them myself, but I keep a small stock of them here because of it for customers. They just don't have anywhere near the same life expectancy as regular parts. The push-push ones are even worse, and I don't even bother with those. Replacing either is no fun, given all the extra wiring that needs to be swapped.

That's a beautiful guitar :) I'll soon swap the push/pull pot on my Warmoth strat for a regular one and put a mini-toggle to do the coil-split. Push-pull pots looks and feel cheap and are not so handy to use; maybe in a context where you've not room enough in your control routing and need some extra switching it may come useful but but in an usual situation (like yours) just put the extra toggle below the 5-way or swap one of the tone controls (if you don't really need 2). Keep rockin'!

Yeh a real beauty!Congrats!!  I'm awaiting delivery of a 59 Roundback myself. Yours doesn't seem as thick as I was expecting. How do you find it?

Thanks for all the praise guys. I couldnt agree more about the push/push pots. I remember reading somewhere on the interwebs about them being cheap, but I was really surprised to see how bad they actually were. Surely there must be some that are available somewhere that justifies putting in that extra wirring effort.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to jam with it because work keeps me away from home but the neck did feel noticeably thicker than the SRV profile neck that I also own, especially when trying to thumb my low E string. I have really long fingers ( pinky to thumb stretched out measures close to 8 or so) and have absolutely no problem getting my thumb around my EVH squirestein's stock squire neck too. The 59' roundback, for me, feels really comfortable but I'm sure it's not for everybody. The only way to find out if it's good for you is to play on one. :headbang:

Here's a shot of the squirestein, my first guitar project that has spun me into my amateur guitar building/modifying addiction and my warmoth tele with the SRV neck. The chair was a hand-me down, dont make fun lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 372
A couple of nice looking Warmoths!!!  I'll reserve comment on the Squirestein  :icon_jokercolor:

On Fender style guitars, the S-1 switching parts are nice, and high quality. They're 4PDT too, so you can do more switching stuff with them.

Back