thoughts? on les paul with p90s

You've gotta build that. The finish should be possible.

I've always fancied a Black Korina natural finishd one myself.

My thoughts:
If you use a trans-black finish, instead of BURST trans-black, would look better....

and the black pups that Tfarny said above, would look a little "over"/saturated

Yup, cream binding and cream soapbars. I am getting excited about this, I've got over a year to wait but I do really want to start building now!

Finish should definitely be possible, just dyed black flame maple with black back, custom extra-wide burstover.

Soloshchenko - if it were gonna be for me, I'd do some crazy black korina stuff too. But I know my dad will like this best. Hey, works for me. It looks hot, I'll be proud of this one.

What do you guys think-- The neck may turn out to be mahogany after all. Should I have it glossed black (I'd rather not), or will it look dumb with a clear gloss mahogany neck?

It would only look weird to me if the peghead didn't match the guitar body color. That or black peghead.

Speaking of that type of setup didn't Tom Scholz from Boston use an LP with p90s as his main guitar? The tone on those records is fantastic.

CD said:
It would only look weird to me if the peghead didn't match the guitar body color. That or black peghead.

Speaking of that type of setup didn't Tom Scholz from Boston use an LP with p90s as his main guitar? The tone on those records is fantastic.

No idea about Tom Scholz... But yeah, either a black peghead, or ebony veneer..

In case anyone is interested Tom Scholz used a 1968 Les Paul Goldtop with a DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup in the bridge and a p90 in the neck.

looks like today I can upload pics...
I spoke about something like this:

Attachments

• Les Paul P90 Trans Black Modeling.JPG
    Les Paul P90 Trans Black Modeling.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 354
Nonsense that does look pretty nice.. but I like mine better  :toothy10:

Isn't it hard to get a nice looking dye flame maple top on that modeler?

Not that hard, if it's not a very unique color...

Attachments

• Strato Blue Dye Modeling.JPG
    Strato Blue Dye Modeling.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 363
Back