Thinline

Funky Phil

Ash Thinline, Maple/Kingwood neck.
P-Rails with 16 way wiring. (4-way switch, two push/pulls.)
Gold hardware (includung the pole pieces on the P-Rails!)

Looks great.  Nice and clean.  How do you like the P-Rails?  It seems they would be a great pup for multi-way wiring.

The P-Rails work very well in this guitar.
The 4-way switch gives you B/ B&N(p)/ N/ B&N(s)
The twp push/pulls allow for series humbuckers/ parallel humbuckers/ P-90s/ rails.

The P-rails look good in that application. They fit in quite nicely. Great top on that body, too.

So how do the P-Rails sound? Not sure I can get over the "look" of them (not good or bad... just different)..... almost wish they were packaged in more of an "EMG" type housing.....

RobR said:
So how do the P-Rails sound? Not sure I can get over the "look" of them (not good or bad... just different)..... almost wish they were packaged in more of an "EMG" type housing.....

Agreed. How'd you get the gold polepieces? Electroplated?

The grain pattern of that Ash is beautiful.  That is also an underated pickguard/body color combo.  Usually the natural and butterscotch finishes have a black or white pickguard.  The tortoiseshell looks awesome.

SrDeMaFp said:
RobR said:

Agreed. How'd you get the gold polepieces? Electroplated?

I got SD to send me them  :eek:ccasion14:

Back