CHALLENGE

Not too sure I agree 30 is Eric Johnson I mean yeah he plays strats and has been known to wear pink shirts but usually his hair covers his forehead, its not combed back and I can hardly find a picture of him with a blue guitar and none are Daphne blue that I can find. His signature model is available in that color just without the matching headstock.

Here's what I know (before looking at other posts)
1 - Frank Zappa
3 - Slash
4 - Jimi Hendrix
5 - Keith Richards
7 - Stevie Ray Vaughn
8 - Eric Clapton
9 - Mark Knopfler
10 - Brian May
12 - Sammy Hagar?
13 - The Edge
14 - Chuck Berry
15 - Angus Young
17 - Toni Iommi
18 - Edward Van Halen
19 - Trey Anastasio?
20 - Ace Frehley
26 - Yngwie Malmsteen
27 - Kurt Cobain
29 - Jerry Garcia
31 - Bo Diddly
32 - Phil Collen?
33 - Buddy Holly?
34 - Brian Setzer

AutoBat said:
32 - Phil Collen?
33 - Buddy Holly?

Phil wouldn't be wearing a shirt.  The first one I looked for was Beck.  Easy to spot as he would be the one without any sleeves.

33 is throwing me off.  It could be Tom as he plays his guitar up by his chest.  But the beanie makes me also think Rick Nielsen like Patrick said.  You would figure they would put some glasses on him if it were Buddy Holly.  :dontknow:

I too found the answer pic. I'll link to it, but please keep the unknowns to yourself (text is small, but you can make it out)
http://monomoda.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/GUITAR_LESSONS-11.jpg

mullyman said:
42716410151018984326275.jpg

Should'a GOT 12 from the WHITE STRIPE in the strap...  :doh:

13 and 16 threw me off because I don't normally think of those guys with those guitars. I eventually got Townsend, but the Rick threw me off the trail for a bit. 16 I thought was Rick Neilsen because of the Explorer. In my mind's eye, the Edge always plays a Strat.

I put Vinnie Moore for 25, but I'm not sure about that.

30 I think is Eric Johnson. I've seen him play a few times, but never has he used a sky blue Strat. I do think that's him due to the button-down shirt with rolled up sleeves and the funky part down the middle hairdo.

For 33 I put Billy Corgan. I think the beanie and the details on the Strat are right for him anyway.

35 reminds me of Buck Dharma from BOC.

MikeW said:
mullyman said:

Should'a GOT 12 from the WHITE STRIPE in the strap...  :doh:

13 and 16 threw me off because I don't normally think of those guys with those guitars. I eventually got Townsend, but the Rick threw me off the trail for a bit. 16 I thought was Rick Neilsen because of the Explorer. In my mind's eye, the Edge always plays a Strat.

I put Vinnie Moore for 25, but I'm not sure about that.

30 I think is Eric Johnson. I've seen him play a few times, but never has he used a sky blue Strat. I do think that's him due to the button-down shirt with rolled up sleeves and the funky part down the middle hairdo.

For 33 I put Billy Corgan. I think the beanie and the details on the Strat are right for him anyway.

35 reminds me of Buck Dharma from BOC.
I guess 33 could be billy corgan the guitar makes sense but with the view of the drawing that could just as well be a ball cap in which the playing position and clothes say tom Morello. Then again I don't know if tom Morello wears a tie when he wears the vest...

DangerousR6 said:
That one was an easy one... :doh:

Only easy if you know the answer.

I saw a fat guy (not a fur coat) with a mustache and a lot of hair ... which, to me = David Crosby. I was wrong. Alas.

The question is weather this is a test for us to recognise certain guitar players or it is a test of the artist behind the drawing -  how well he/she can draw easy recognisable guitar players?

I think the latter.  :eek:ccasion14: :evil4:

I've only seen The Edge with his BK Explorer.  In the early U2 days it was his only guitar.

Dan0 said:
Not too sure I agree 30 is Eric Johnson I mean yeah he plays strats and has been known to wear pink shirts but usually his hair covers his forehead, its not combed back and I can hardly find a picture of him with a blue guitar and none are Daphne blue that I can find. His signature model is available in that color just without the matching headstock.
It's not, I wasn't even close... :doh:

I found some larger pics:

GUITAR_L_detail2.jpg

GUITAR_L_detail1.jpg

guitar-lessons.jpeg

and the bigger full poster is here: http://www.maximdalton.com/images/13.jpg

Fixed.  It's a little bit larger and clearer than the original posting, but you have to click to enlarge it.

I missed 5 (thought it was Bruce Springsteen, lol), 28 (guessed Noel Gallagher), 30 (thought it was Robin Trower) and 35 (had no clue, but looks like him after seeing the answer).

Well, I'm glad my life doesn't depend on my performance on this test because I'd be worm food. I might have got 5 or 6 of them by luck.

yeah i wouldn't get about half of them but most of them i connect instantly after seeing other people answers so maybe i just didn't look at it long enough but i certainly would have still missed a third or so, some of the players are completely unfamiliar to me and some just aren't represented well either leaving multiple logical answers or none, like i totally see billy corgan and tom morello both being good candidates for #33 depending on what you make of the hat, ball cap or beanie? the guitar fits billy corgan but the playing positions and other things say tom morello. and #5 the guitar sold me on springsteen but after seeing other answers keith richards makes a bit more sense. i have seen the cheat sheet and i gotta say i don't think anyone will guess #30, i've never heard of him.

Dan0 said:
i have seen the cheat sheet and i gotta say i don't think anyone will guess #30, i've never heard of him.

I just checked that cheat sheet. I never would have guessed #30 either, but I do know who he is. Fleetwood Mac, the early years.
MULLY

Back