Gold Hardware all around:
Schaller 475 Bridge
Gotoh SG38 tuners
Electrosocket side jack
Flat top knobs

Will be outfitted with:
Fralin Vintage Hot w/Cream cover in neck and middle
Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover HB with Gold cover and Cream mounting in bridge

When the parts arrive, many pics will be posted.
When the guitar is build, pics and sound clips will be forthcoming.

Waiting sucks, though.

I feel your pain, man.  I couldn't even order all my stuff for my first build at the same time, so I had multiple "waitings".  Trust me though, it will all be worth it!

You guys ain't kiddin' about how much it sucks waiting. It took me a while to just come up with how I wanted my first Warmoth Strat. Then for all the parts (understand though that my order was very detailed) I waited about 3 months. After the parts arrived I took it to my luthier and ended up waiting another 3 months. I kept myself patient 'cause I went to the best luthier in town and that guy is busy all year round. It was worth it though.....when the big day came I finally got the guitar out of my mind and into my hands....I'd been waiting 24 years for that.

jalbertochavez said:
You guys ain't kiddin' about how much it sucks waiting. It took me a while to just come up with how I wanted my first Warmoth Strat. Then for all the parts (understand though that my order was very detailed) I waited about 3 months. After the parts arrived I took it to my luthier and ended up waiting another 3 months. I kept myself patient 'cause I went to the best luthier in town and that guy is busy all year round. It was worth it though.....when the big day came I finally got the guitar out of my mind and into my hands....I'd been waiting 24 years for that.

Funny, I just got an estimate of 12 weeks on the oder I just placed.  I was going to come on here and ask if that's usual.  But I see you waited 3 months, too, which equates to about 12 weeks.

You didn't specify whether you ordered a factory finish or not; generally I've been getting custom ordered parts w/o finish in 6-8 weeks, easy to see how finishing could add another 3-4 weeks

I ordered a body off the showcase - all they need to do was rout for the pick-ups, drill the control holes, and the jack hole

I ordered a neck, but it's made of Bubinga wood with a Pau Ferro fretboard (no finishing required)

They told me 4 to 5 weeks...

Eric "GuitarEC"

Yeah, i ordered my goodies on Oct 24 and was told 10 - 12 weeks... so i'm almost half-way home.
though i do think i've contracted what ever sickness ya'll have, because i'm already planning a LP build, a VIP build, a Tele build, a straight Strat build, oooh and an LS5 build in wine/cherry red with gold hardware and jazz pickups and.... i better stop myself...

MKFAN said:
Yeah, i ordered my goodies on Oct 24 and was told 10 - 12 weeks... so i'm almost half-way home.
though i do think i've contracted what ever sickness ya'll have, because i'm already planning a LP build, a VIP build, a Tele build, a straight Strat build, oooh and an LS5 build in wine/cherry red with gold hardware and jazz pickups and.... i better stop myself...

DUDE! I know exactly what you mean! When I found Warmoth I only had the intention of building a Strat (which I already built!  :headbang1:) But now I got a Les Paul, a Tele, a Soloist, an SG, and another Strat in my head and I'm dyin' to get 'em out. Good luck with those other axes.
:rock-on:

let's see, future builds:
LP - Mahogany with un-figured maple, traditional honey/cherry burst. Mahogany Neck w/Ebony fingerboard, block inlays... the best LP you could never buy.
Tele - Candy Apple Red w/Maple neck and white binding... details to be worked out... real twangy sound... but i hate the tele headstock.
Strat - Candy Turquoise, white pickguard... trem bridge w/locking tuners Satine neck maybe?? hmmm.... angled headstock.
LP5 - Jazzy as Jazzy can be... Cherry Black/Wine Red with gold hardware... oooo... warmoth pro headstock.
VIP - Black Korina or Figured Koa, Clear finished... warmoth pro headstock.
Soloist - Quilted Maple top, green dye perhaps... too many details to work hard...warhead headstock

And if my wife saw this list, she'd ask me if my timeline was 20 years...
It's a disease I tell ya!

You think you got it bad?

I got a bass neck a year and a half ago, now I'm climbing walls waiting for body number 14 to get here.  :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing7:

Gees, I saw the title of this thread and thought we'd be talking about Tom Petty.  :icon_scratch:

Gregg Stewart said:
Gees, I saw the title of this thread and thought we'd be talking about Tom Petty.   :icon_scratch:

don't come around here no more :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

Ah, Tom Petty... recording legend... belongs no where near a guitar thread, though... I've already mastered the C-chord in 4 or 5 positions...  :laughing7:

MKFAN said:
Ah, Tom Petty... recording legend... belongs no where near a guitar thread, though... I've already mastered the C-chord in 4 or 5 positions...  :laughing7:

Well you brought him to the thread in the first place :laughing7: :laughing7:

My apologies to everyone for bringing him into this...
Being so eager to get my warmoth parts, I wasn't thinking clearly.

You evil bastard. hehehe wat do i care anyway. I hate waiting too, especially when u have a deadline.

Back