FInally

TBurst Std

Well after years, I am making more progress on a tele build. Somewhere in my garage I have a body. Its already reliced as my wife knocked it off the bench and it has some deep gouges near the jack opening. (That was a couple years+ ago). Already have the neck and pups. Ordered some pots today. Tomorrow hopefully I'll order the bridge, pickguard and control plate.

Going after a certain look on this one similar to a strat posted over a decade ago here. The neck is brazillian ebony, the body roasted swamp ash with trans brown. The pickguard and control plate will be clear plastic back painted gold (think Gretsch Falcon or Penguin). Pickups are Zhangbucker Paul Bunyans that are tapped (2nd set he ever made. 1 tap is normal tele, full on we are P90 territory). Going to see about adorning some black tele knobs with a gold rhinestone ala Gretsch.

Well in contact for the pick guard and control plate (sent a tracing as it will use an angled switch slot ). This is major as it imparts the feel cosmetically.

Just ordered the bridge/saddles. Couldn’t natively find what I wanted. Opted for a vintage Callaham with SS for the E/a saddle. Will need to disassemble and paint it. Hopefully I’ve come up with a solution that doesn’t show wear too often.

Pots arrived last week. Need to place an order with the W as well as Amazon to get the last bits.

Now to find that body in the mess of a garage. It’s in a box/tote somewhere. When we moved at the end of 2021 we only 1/2-2/3 unpacked. Found the neck already and it’s safely in my office.

Well this temp place has certainly become more perm. Between property prices increasing, inventory dwindling, and losing my job, it’s stalemated currently.

I know, it's crazy, the houses in my neighborhood have doubled in price over the past 3 years, and the town wants to reassess my house. I dread it. The sad thing is, after they reassess, I'm sure the market will cave. I need a drink. Anyone want to go to happy hour?

I know, it's crazy, the houses in my neighborhood have doubled in price over the past 3 years, and the town wants to reassess my house. I dread it. The sad thing is, after they reassess, I'm sure the market will cave. I need a drink. Anyone want to go to happy hour?

I'm in a similar situation! I want my house to be practically worthless until 5 minutes before I decide to sell it! Is that too much to ask?! :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn’t mind if it was gradual, but there's something not right about it. I'll just leave it at that.

If I can’t find them, I’ll order what I had as I them temporarily in another guitar. Zhangbucker Paul Bunyans tapped with 1/4 poles.

If I can’t find them, I’ll order what I had as I them temporarily in another guitar. Zhangbucker Paul Bunyans tapped with 1/4 poles.
Also, apparently Duncan custom shop has a new MJ hand/scatter wound 1/4 pound tele that sounds "airy" (not sure I believe that as I have two QP strat pickups I find anything but airy)

Naw, the ones I’m on a hunt for are raw and twangy. That’s the tap. In tapped they are almost P90ish. Tapped. Typical Tele twang and balls on the bridge when pushed.

Back