The Mudshark is here!

stubhead

Master Member
SecondAct002.jpg

On the left is the neck and body for my seven-string. Alder body, maple neck with a pau ferro board. I photographed it with a Ibanez RG7421 seven-string to make it jealous and want to get finished quicker.

(The cat's name is "Pandit" and he's never met a situation that can't be improved by his direct supervision - at 3 ft. X 19 lbs., I don't argue with him about it.)

SecondAct005.jpg

This is a picture of the hole for the whammy springs on the back. Warmoth's standard route for a seven-string is only for a Floyd Rose and I am putting a NON-locking whammy on & I didn't want to pay $300 to program their CNC machine (for that much I could friggin' teleport to Washington State and do it myself) so I still have to dig out the hole through the body for the inertia block and sink the posts.

SecondAct004.jpg

This is a picture with my 1 1/2 year-old "Mustang" to show just how much a pau ferro fingerboard will darken over time with a little bit of Howard's Feed 'n' Wax and a lot of natural slime. Unfortunately by then my cat had been out drinking with the camera so things got a little blurry.

Sweet, what are you going to do with the headstock? Looks cool. I really like the finish on your mustang and the black guard.

"You may rock hard, but I rock harder".

-----Your cat

Go ahead and paint the cat, maybe dragonburst? I want access to your teleporter plans, please post in Off-Topic, could be cheaper than airfare dependant on location.

how does that cat sound? is he tube or solid state? or both?  looks to me like hes coil based, like a mixer board from the 70s.
where do you plug in  :laughing7: on second thought i don't want to know.

There are only a very few tremolo bridges for seven-string guitars, and Warmoth only sells & routes for the Floyd Rose ones. That route is a lot different on the top than for a "standard", wider variant on a two-post Fender American or Wilkinson-type bridge. I could have sent the actual bridge to them and had them sink the posts, but it's all special tooling to them.
http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-modern-tremolos-sb-5350-010,Product.asp

In the amount of time it would take me working to make the $300 they want to dig a slot and a few holes, I could do it myself with a Swiss army knife (and more-or-less will.... :icon_biggrin:)

The cat is obviously jealous about the fact that both the guitars get a mat each. 

*cough* tobacco sunburst *cough* 

Back