The Magentalist

dwiller

Finally got my magenta Soloist aka "The Magentalist" all together. 

The original "out of the box" thread can be found here if you are interested:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19664.msg290207#msg290207

Its a warmoth two-piece mahogany Soloist body with high-grade quilt maple top and black accent stripe below the top with masked binding and Magenta burst finish.  The neck is from Soulmate Necks and is a 7-piece flame maple with wenge and purpleheart stripes.  Ebony board with flame maple binding and ebony accent stripe to match the body.  Reverse headstock is a derivative of my Robin Medley headstock.

I have since installed a Gotoh tremolo with a Tremol-No.  In case any one is wondering if a Gotoh fits into the Warmoth Floyd Rose route......  It does, but just barely.  Dives with the trem would be fine, but pulls on the arm might be tight.   

Pickups are Kent Armstrong in the neck and a Bareknuckle aftermath in all black in the bridge position.
I had Dave at Frets on the net provide me with a black brushed aluminum humbucker ring and a matching custom control cover.   
Custom Warmoth neck plate cover and Onyx forge threaded screws holding the neck on.
Hipshot locking tuners
Chrome Warmoth logo

I am flip flopping between chrome hardware and black hardware at this point.    I actually do have a chrome tremolo, control knobs and strap-loks, but it just didn't look quite right at first pass.    Perhaps at some point I will switch out the tuners for black too, but I am enjoying it too much to fuss with things at this juncture.

Thanks for looking.

P1040941.jpg

P1040954.jpg

P1040945.jpg

P1040939.jpg

P1040944.jpg

P1040948.jpg

P1040953.jpg

P1040955.jpg

P1040960.jpg

I don't usually like Purple guitars, but when I do, it is definitely this one!!

Great burst, and love the naked bound fb!!! very sexy!

Great combination there!  Nice to see another Soulmate neck.  Doug does great work.

That is one of the best purple geetars I have ever seen  :headbang1:
I would change nothing about that girl.  Very sweeeeeet...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Generally don't like this type of guitar, but this is absolutely stunning. Probably the better Superstrat that I never seen...  :eek:ccasion14:

PS: Is it finished by Warmoth?

HI Marco78

The body was finished by Warmoth, in a non-standard finish called Magenta burst.    I have only seen two or three others done in that finish and I have liked all of them.    The neck was finished by Doug who makes Soulmate Necks.   

Thanks for the kind words on the guitar.

DW

Back