Testing my new Pod UX2

exaN

Hey guys, just got my Pod UX2 and I've been messing with it for about 2 hours now. So here's my first ever recording with a good mic!

http://soundcloud.com/amisson/test-167

Used: Apex 775, Warmoth Strat, Carvin X100B, Xotic Effects AC Booster

Feedback, tips and tricks are very welcome, good or bad :eek:ccasion14:.

Another test, which I think sounds quite better:

http://soundcloud.com/amisson/outwithrockerstest

What do you guys think? Still with the same setup, but with better mic settings.

Sounds good man.  Be careful of your input levels on the interface, the first track was clipping pretty hard.  The overall transients of the wavefile were fine, so it must have been that you had the mic gained too hot on the interface.  But i generally dug the tone of both tracks.  :rock-on:

jalane said:
Sounds good man.  Be careful of your input levels on the interface, the first track was clipping pretty hard.  The overall transients of the wavefile were fine, so it must have been that you had the mic gained too hot on the interface.  But i generally dug the tone of both tracks.   :rock-on:

Yeah for the first one I just totally forgot to lower the mic gain on the UX2 haha. Thanks dude.

Sounds good man. I'd say play with mics some more, maybe move to more than one. I'm a big fan of condensers on guitar amps. Recording, I usually put a large diaphragm pretty close to the center of the cone, a little off center and then a small-diaphragm facing in, not quite on center, and facing down a little bit to get some "floor" sound. Mix, match, and flip phase to taste.  :headbang:

Justinginn said:
Sounds good man. I'd say play with mics some more, maybe move to more than one. I'm a big fan of condensers on guitar amps. Recording, I usually put a large diaphragm pretty close to the center of the cone, a little off center and then a small-diaphragm facing in, not quite on center, and facing down a little bit to get some "floor" sound. Mix, match, and flip phase to taste.  :headbang:

Hey man, thanks for the tips :headbang:!

Back